Bad IEMI 1520 still usable for parts?

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
For a good price, I have found a 1520 in good condition with a bad IEMI which means it has been blacklisted from AT&T for reasons I don't know. If I buy it to use it for parts, what cant I use on it? I really just need the screen and battery but it will be nice to have the rest of the phone for backup in case anything else on mine breaks. I am assuming the motherboard will be one of the components I cannot use.

Anybody have any info?

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Technically the IEMI is on the UEM chip which would (as a rule) be soldered onto the system board. To the best of my knowledge the chip is WORM storage so you would have to de-solder it and replace it with a chip with a valid IEMI, which makes it not really worth the trouble.

So, in general the motherboard would be pretty worthless. All other parts should be fine.

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Great! That's exactly what I was expecting and wanted confirmation on. I really just need the screen and battery so ill just swap out the motherboard for mine and all should work well (fingers crossed). Thanks for the information!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234