Hi.

A couple of times this week I've placed my 1520 on its wireless charging plate before bed. I've heard the charging 'noise', the phone lights up and the light on the front of the charging pad flashes as normal.

When I've woken up, however, the battery is completely drained, and the windows button is flashing. After a couple of minutes placed back on the pad the phone restarts - but the time and date has been reset to some odd setting.

Any ideas? After the first time, I was really careful to place back on the pad straight. Even with the amount of battery I have when going to bed, there's enough juice to last until the morning - so something's shorting the phone out. I've seen a couple of 'not charging' threads, but not one where the life literally drains from the phone overnight.

Phone's under warrantee.

Thanks.
    06-20-2014 02:46 AM
    Hi.

A couple of times this week I've placed my 1520 on its wireless charging plate before bed. I've heard the charging 'noise', the phone lights up and the light on the front of the charging pad flashes as normal.

When I've woken up, however, the battery is completely drained, and the windows button is flashing. After a couple of minutes placed back on the pad the phone restarts - but the time and date has been reset to some odd setting.

Any ideas? After the first time, I was really careful to place back on the pad straight. Even with the amount of battery I have when going to bed, there's enough juice to last until the morning - so something's shorting the phone out. I've seen a couple of 'not charging' threads, but not one where the life literally drains from the phone overnight.

Phone's under warrantee.

Thanks.
    I don't have a wireless plate but what i heard is that when the battery gets full it stops charging. When the battery starts to drain it doesn't recharge the phone unless you pick it up again and put it down on the plate
    06-20-2014 07:55 PM
    To tell you the truth about wireless charging. It actually does harm to your battery.
    It generates alot of heat and heat isn't good for your battery. Wireless charging is still young tech. Don't mean to **** on you purchase but you should steer clear from wireless charging

Exposing too much heat to the battery will decrease the battery life.
    sd173 likes this.
    06-20-2014 08:41 PM
    To tell you the truth about wireless charging. It actually does harm to your battery.
    It generates alot of heat and heat isn't good for your battery. Wireless charging is still young tech. Don't mean to **** on you purchase but you should steer clear from wireless charging

Exposing too much heat to the battery will decrease the battery life.
    How does it generate heat, my phones don't even get warm while on the wireless charger. I don't even remember the last time I used the wall charger for any of my phones except the 520

When I had my Nexus 7 I always used my Nokia wireless charger for charging that as well.
    06-21-2014 04:33 AM
    How does it generate heat, my phones don't even get warm while on the wireless charger. I don't even remember the last time I used the wall charger for any of my phones except the 520

When I had my Nexus 7 I always used my Nokia wireless charger for charging that as well.

While my comment wasn't model specific. I don't know how wireless charging affects your other phones.

Heres my source -
    http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256

But if its been alright. Then that's great. I wanted to get a wireless charger for my 1520 but then came across that article when doing the research before buying..
    06-22-2014 09:54 PM
    I don't have a wireless plate but what i heard is that when the battery gets full it stops charging. When the battery starts to drain it doesn't recharge the phone unless you pick it up again and put it down on the plate

On my 920, it would charge to 100%, stop, go down to 95-96%, then charge back up to 100%. That's the way it's supposed to work, whether plug or wireless charging.
    06-22-2014 09:58 PM
    While my comment wasn't model specific. I don't know how wireless charging affects your other phones.

Heres my source -
    How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way

But if its been alright. Then that's great. I wanted to get a wireless charger for my 1520 but then came across that article when doing the research before buying..
    I had a long reply but this stupid site thinks I am spamming.
    06-23-2014 05:12 AM
    Hmm. Thanks folks.

I had a 920 and made the mistake of over-using wireless charging - obviously if you keep a battery permanently on charge it will lose its charge memory. However, I never came across any form of charging 'killing' a phone overnight.
    06-24-2014 05:28 PM