06-29-2014 04:55 PM
36 12
tools
    Thanks to this thread I ordered my fifth case. The Nilkin in black paired with my yellow 1520 should go great together. I'll now have 3 light weight cases, a folio case and a hardcore outer box like case. I'd rather go bare but I'm am not going to risk it.
    Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk
    akthelonelyman likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:59 PM
    The cases also help when you put the phone down.
    It protects the edge of the camera, which makes contact to the surface of the table when you put the phone down face up.

I'm abit Islamist for my phone.
    She only takes off her cover when at home. :P
    06-26-2014 08:25 PM
    Put a case on it as soon as I got it. I wanted sooo bad, to not wear a case. The 1520 is so bad ***(mine's red). I went through about five cases and just couldn't find one that I was satisfied with. Yeah, I wanted the phone protected, but I wanted its beauty to shine, as well. So I took the case off. I started getting compliments left and right. People notice a big shiny red phone. Went to answer my.phone one day and when pulling it out of my pocket, the slippery ******* took flight...into a large ceramic vase...12 feet away. Yeah, it flew that far. How? Dunno. But when I saw the chip on the vase, I was afraid to pick my baby up. When I did, I almost cried.

After a month, waiting for the new screen to come from China, a few hundred bucks, and a phone still not right... It has the biggest ugliest black two piece I could find. Will never come off again. It only takes one time, to hit the edge of the screen, and your life will forever be changed.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    akthelonelyman likes this.
    06-26-2014 08:58 PM
    what camera app do use to take pictures like that?? and at what settings? please and thanks!! help me plsss
    06-27-2014 03:43 AM
    Red 1520 is too slippery and in have seen many people with broken display becoz of that. So i got amzer shock proof.
    06-27-2014 04:18 AM
    I have decided for now to use the case...too risky lol
    TechoGeek likes this.
    06-27-2014 09:46 PM
    The case is actually for a better grip rather than scratch protection. It feels better to hold with a casing.
    Last edited by badr0b0t; 06-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    06-27-2014 11:16 PM
    The case is actually for a better grip rather than scratch protection. It feels better to hold with a casing.
    YES, best explanation yet. ^^^^

The case adds a little grip to the phone, which should help you NOT drop it. The purpose is not necessarily Otter Box like where it's encased in this blob of protection, but, minimal - enough to prevent the screen from hitting the hard surface (a lip around the front) if dropped & add some grip to mitigate dropping it. Mine also raises the camera lens (back) off a hard surface. Though I've been unable to post links : (hmmm, I can post links, again)

bought this (originally): did NOT like the feel of the case, liked the holster.

Black Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Face in Out Holster for Nokia Lumia 1520 Phone | eBay

got this - much better, more comfortable, slimmer case & it fits previous holster ! (protects front of phone) much better looking & myriad colors / designs (adds about 33 % more thickness):

Amazon.com: CoverON Slim Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 with Cover Removal Tool - (Black Carbon Fiber): Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-28-2014 07:27 AM
    I've been through many cases I like the black Amzer pudding for day to day and the black AIMO HypeKick Hybrid Gummy Case with Kickstand (reminds me of Aegis Trident case) for lawn mowing type days. My 1520 is red. Oh, had the white spots on screen, finally used warranty, gone, so far, so good.
    Oh yea me and my dad's 1520 have the white spots in the same exact spots. Think I will send it in for repair when the green variant is released so I can pay to have them put that on my phone as well, that green is amazing.
    06-29-2014 01:01 AM
    I have a transparent red tpu case so its almost as if i do mot have one. I only use the case while at work or if we are going out somewhere and I know I will be snapping alot of photos with it.
    06-29-2014 01:04 AM
    We have three 1520s in our house. I never use a case on my white one but I am very careful and have not had an accident. My son uses a case on his yellow one. It actually folds and forms a stand for when he watches movies. My wife never uses a case on her black one and she dropped it many time. The last time she shattered the screen into nothing but slivers. So now I have to replace it. All of the options I am seeing to repair come out to half the price of a new one and you don't have your phone for a month. So I am just buying a new one.
    06-29-2014 04:55 PM
36 12