Using 1520 with no case?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always thought about going commando on my phone. It does really look sexy. But I still prefer to have some protection so I keep it in either the original flip cover or an Amzer case. I still do at times take them off though.

dkhmwilliams

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Phones always look and feel better without cases to me. I just can't go without one completely. I have tried several times, but I always go back to a case. I get nervous about destroying my phone. And I usually don't keep insurance because I think it is a waste of money. I have gone to slim cases though. They keep a lot of the design aesthetic and protect the phone some from scratches and small falls. Also, the slim cases are usually cheaper.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I ordered my fifth case. The Nilkin in black paired with my yellow 1520 should go great together. I'll now have 3 light weight cases, a folio case and a hardcore outer box like case. I'd rather go bare but I'm am not going to risk it.
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The cases also help when you put the phone down.
It protects the edge of the camera, which makes contact to the surface of the table when you put the phone down face up.

I'm abit Islamist for my phone.
She only takes off her cover when at home. :p

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Put a case on it as soon as I got it. I wanted sooo bad, to not wear a case. The 1520 is so bad ***(mine's red). I went through about five cases and just couldn't find one that I was satisfied with. Yeah, I wanted the phone protected, but I wanted its beauty to shine, as well. So I took the case off. I started getting compliments left and right. People notice a big shiny red phone. Went to answer my.phone one day and when pulling it out of my pocket, the slippery ******* took flight...into a large ceramic vase...12 feet away. Yeah, it flew that far. How? Dunno. But when I saw the chip on the vase, I was afraid to pick my baby up. When I did, I almost cried.
jedy2ema

After a month, waiting for the new screen to come from China, a few hundred bucks, and a phone still not right... It has the biggest ugliest black two piece I could find. Will never come off again. It only takes one time, to hit the edge of the screen, and your life will forever be changed.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The case is actually for a better grip rather than scratch protection. It feels better to hold with a casing.

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The case is actually for a better grip rather than scratch protection. It feels better to hold with a casing.

YES, best explanation yet. ^^^^

The case adds a little grip to the phone, which should help you NOT drop it. The purpose is not necessarily Otter Box like where it's encased in this blob of protection, but, minimal - enough to prevent the screen from hitting the hard surface (a lip around the front) if dropped & add some grip to mitigate dropping it. Mine also raises the camera lens (back) off a hard surface. Though I've been unable to post links : (hmmm, I can post links, again)

bought this (originally): did NOT like the feel of the case, liked the holster.

Black Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Face in Out Holster for Nokia Lumia 1520 Phone | eBay

got this - much better, more comfortable, slimmer case & it fits previous holster ! (protects front of phone) much better looking & myriad colors / designs (adds about 33 % more thickness):

Amazon.com: CoverON? Slim Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 with Cover Removal Tool - (Black Carbon Fiber): Cell Phones & Accessories

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been through many cases I like the black Amzer pudding for day to day and the black AIMO HypeKick Hybrid Gummy Case with Kickstand (reminds me of Aegis Trident case) for lawn mowing type days. My 1520 is red. Oh, had the white spots on screen, finally used warranty, gone, so far, so good.

Oh yea me and my dad's 1520 have the white spots in the same exact spots. Think I will send it in for repair when the green variant is released so I can pay to have them put that on my phone as well, that green is amazing.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a transparent red tpu case so its almost as if i do mot have one. I only use the case while at work or if we are going out somewhere and I know I will be snapping alot of photos with it.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
We have three 1520s in our house. I never use a case on my white one but I am very careful and have not had an accident. My son uses a case on his yellow one. It actually folds and forms a stand for when he watches movies. My wife never uses a case on her black one and she dropped it many time. The last time she shattered the screen into nothing but slivers. So now I have to replace it. All of the options I am seeing to repair come out to half the price of a new one and you don't have your phone for a month. So I am just buying a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs