Using 1520 with no case?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been using an imak transparent case ,but it lets dust inside easily that the phone looks more dirty with case on it.anyone here use their 1520 with no protective case?

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I took my white 1520 out of its white Nillkin case yesterday to give both a good cleaning. The 1520 feels really good without a case but I can't imagine going commando with it. It's too slippery.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I took my white 1520 out of its white Nillkin case yesterday to give both a good cleaning. The 1520 feels really good without a case but I can't imagine going commando with it. It's too slippery.

ECHO that sentiment, my RED Lumia 1520 looks great, but, just too damn slippery (and too thin for any kind of firm grip). I have a faux carbon fibre (snap on, 2 piece) case on it, looks good & protected (front & back) from accidental drops.

I've never used a case as i think it looks fantastic without it. I will regret this decision soon.

I'm afraid he's CORRECT.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I go commando about 95% of the time. The only time I use a case is when I'm doing track days and can't leave my phone in my pocket. There is no place where I can leave it in the car that it doesn't get thrown while I'm going around the track.

Sometimes I use a suede pouch that I got from Germany but I think the phone it too nice to use in a case.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went commando for about 4 months (so did my phone, ha ha ha). Then I got nervous after I dropped my 1520 facedown on concrete. No damage (whew) but I ordered a Stilgut on Amazon. It makes the phone much thicker, but I'm adjusting. Looks nice though.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No case here. Hope I don't rue that decision. Never had a case on my 800, 900 or 920 either. Did drop the 800 once, and the 920 a couple of times. Some minor scuffs, but all else was fine. Part of why I'm a Nokia Lumia fan is the beauty of the hardware... would hate to masque that.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a case for it then thought the phone was too thick with the case so I ditched the case. I have had my phone drop from the top of a refrigerator to the floor...did nothing to the phone, then dropped it out of my hands onto concrete, only part of the glass on the very bottom left part of the phone, below the screen slightly cracked...this phone is a freaking tank, best phone I've ever owned...

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm iffy on cases, the Nokia hardware is so beautiful and I want to show it off, although vases are nice for protection, I go back and forth depending on what I am doing

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The Nillkin case is the best I've ever seen, and it's cheap. I have a white one on my 1520 and have a brown one on the way.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Does the white case get dirty? I had the white Amzer one and within a couple of weeks out started turning blue from my jeans and started looking dirty pretty quick.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Does the white case get dirty? I had the white Amzer one and within a couple of weeks out started turning blue from my jeans and started looking dirty pretty quick.

Yeah, it gets a little gray on the sides, where I hold it. I just take it off and wash it weekly. I give the phone a good wipe down too.

I did the same thing when I had a brown nillkin on a black 1520.

My new brown nillkin should arrive soon. I'm thinking its going to look great on my white 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb