Red Lumia 1520

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello World !! :wink:

After a long wait, I finally purchased Glossy Red 1520 from Nokia Priority Dealer Thane. I have traded my Nokia E6 and wife's S Advance ( she has Grand now). It cost me 32,000 INR after deduction of 8K. I also got Screen guard. Now search for suitable cover.

I will continue this thread tomorrow with detailed review. One thing I noticed is I can not see pictures of my live account contacts even though they have pictures added to their profiles in their Live accounts. Is this normal.?

First impression.. It is fantastic and easy to use.
Will Continue tomorrow....

Regards,
Vyenkatesh

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Today's was very busy day so couldn't explore the phone much. Know most of the things as I have used Lumia 710. But experience is awesome.
Size no problem for me, it slides in my jeans pocket comfortably.
I will write detailed review soon. But whoever has a wish to get this phone and has a budget.. Go get it.
Today I also bought Capdase back cover . Couldn't like other products in the shop and it was shop closing time.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just received 19 updates for various items. Extras+info, Display, glance, Vinio, Audio, BigFlix....
But still Phone update is lower than what it shows on Nokia Support site. May take a day or two.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
wow just got my hand on my white 1520, i say hands coz wow do i need 2 hands for this thing, im not bashing it as i am loving this 1520 so crisp so sharp,
im still playing with it but can tell its going to be staying :)

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Can Somebody help me if below is the problem or bug?

My some of the Windows live contacts have photos to their profiles in their live accounts. But even after configuring my Windows live account and syncing my Lumia 1520 I can not see those particular profile pictures on my phone.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Can Somebody help me if below is the problem or bug?

My some of the Windows live contacts have photos to their profiles in their live accounts. But even after configuring my Windows live account and syncing my Lumia 1520 I can not see those particular profile pictures on my phone.

Hello, you're saying "their live accounts"? So these photos belong to some other live account? I gather you are talking about photos that are on OneDrive?

If this is the case and If these photos are not part of your primary live account then to see them those photos would need to be set to share public. This maybe the problem... those contacts have to set public share. I tend to have a public photo folder where I dump pictures I want to share to everyone outside my live account. This avoids me from having to set my entire pictures collection to public or from having to share each photo.

Congrats on the getting a great phone.... Hope that helps...

~ScottGeek.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
@ScottGeek,

I am referring to their Profile pictures of their live accounts and not the photos stored on OneDrive. I have raised this to Microsoft Customer Support few days back and conversations are going on.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
@ScottGeek,

I am referring to their Profile pictures of their live accounts and not the photos stored on OneDrive. I have raised this to Microsoft Customer Support few days back and conversations are going on.

Ah, I see... I was a bit confused there... normally there's only one Picture associated with one's Live Profile depending on how it's been linked across various social networks. Hopefully Microsoft will get you an answer soon...

~ScottGeek.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I will take some more days to write my review.
while scrolling anywhere, touch seems to be oversensitive and opens the random selection from the row of apps. Anybody else did face this issue?
I have tried setting Touch sense to be high and normal both but of no use. Any solution for this?

My firmware version is 1028.3562.1402.0001 and No updates are available.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will take some more days to write my review.
while scrolling anywhere, touch seems to be oversensitive and opens the random selection from the row of apps. Anybody else did face this issue?
I have tried setting Touch sense to be high and normal both but of no use. Any solution for this?

My firmware version is 1028.3562.1402.0001 and No updates are available.

Though its gotten better, it does still happen to me more than I would like

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got my wife the Red one this past friday. She absolutely loves the phone. Now the hard part is finding a case that can take a beating. She's coming from having an iPhone 4S for about 2 years and saw how my Lumia 920 worked. She originally wanted the 1020, but fell in love with the 1520. Funny thing is, the receipt from the AT&T store labels it as a Lumia Beastie phone. I mean it is a beast in size. I wonder if this was a code name for the phone. The Lumia Beast. Who knows.WP_20140629_002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077