Red Lumia 1520

willstoc

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I was initially attracted to the Lumia 1520, and bought a red factory unlocked one, but I have found it too large for a daily carry around phone and the camera while 20 mpx, I am now looking at the Lumia 1020 with a 40 mpx camera as a replacement.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have visited Nokia Care today. They have inspected the handset and as usual reinstalled OS and asked me to keep watch on Touch problem. I am not sure how it will help but to start the troubleshooting I will use it extensively and keep watch on Touch behavior.
If it does not improve then again Nokia Care. I am not going to leave this issue if it occurs again.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
True after the update..My phone works great, I also noticed that my config for tmobile change automatically..now I'm getting LTE and Life is Good :)

This is really good news. Eagerly waiting for 8.1. now it seems to be near so don't want to try Dev edition.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
After using the phone for 3 days, it seems the Touch problem is reappearing now. I will visit Nokia Care again tomorrow and see what they have to say about this now.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Visited Nokia Care today. the problem was not appearing as they were checking the phone in front of me, I have told them it appears intermittently anytime. They said Front panel assembly needs to be changed and checked. After some time they said my phone is being sent to Nokia factory for check. I will be contacted once they hear any progress from Nokia. I have clearly told them if it does not get repaired this time I will need replacement. They said as it is going to factory now, the problem will be surely resolved.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Visited Nokia Care today. the problem was not appearing as they were checking the phone in front of me, I have told them it appears intermittently anytime. They said Front panel assembly needs to be changed and checked. After some time they said my phone is being sent to Nokia factory for check. I will be contacted once they hear any progress from Nokia. I have clearly told them if it does not get repaired this time I will need replacement. They said as it is going to factory now, the problem will be surely resolved.

i have heard that in many forums ... they they say its going to get fixed .... but they do nothing ... the phone has touch problem ..

i think i am going to wait for lumia 1525 ... untill 1 aug.

you bought a new phone .. and visited nokia care the 2nd time ...

hope your cell get fixed .. :)

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So for those of you having sensitive screen issues... Have you already tried turning the screen sensitivity from high to normal? I have a 1520,2 and while there were some problems, the screen never gave me an issue.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520 as well and have experienced what you are talking about and have learned to accept it. I am hoping they fix it with the cyan update. Honestly even of they do not I am keeping it! ��
I know their does not fix or answer your issue but the phone is really worth it! Oh, I am running 8.1 developer right now so maybe it is different for me.
I hope you learn to enjoy it! Have fun!!

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So for those of you having sensitive screen issues... Have you already tried turning the screen sensitivity from high to normal? I have a 1520,2 and while there were some problems, the screen never gave me an issue.
I have tried changing from high to Normal both, but of no use.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Today evening Nokia Care informed me that they have received my phone from Nokia factory and confirmed "TOUCH" problem is resolved.
Fingers crossed !! I will collect my phone tomorrow evening and update about the status.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Received phone. Front Panel which handles Touch is changed and no weird TOUCH experience now.
Will start installing applications now and soon write detailed review pending since long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99