920 screen cracked, replacement device is 1520....not sure how I feel

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So far, I like it. But its definitely a two hands device. I made the mistake of wasting $30 on the Invisible protector for front and back. I didn't realize you only get one of each. And of course, I put the front one on poorly and it looks awful.
This will be a phone ill have to use my Bluetooth more for. Can't see holding this up to my ear to talk all the time.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched from 920 to 1520 due to cracked screen and the fact that Microsoft didn't have anymore 920s. For a week, 1520 will feel big, but after a week it will actually seem small. I have no problem losing Qi if I get microSD, bigger screen, better processor, thinner body and better battery. You won't be disappointed!

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well,I got it and I love it so far. Resolution is great. I'm used to it already. I was transferring stuff between it and my 920 and the 920 just felt small. So far so good.

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a yellow 1520 outright to replace my 920 but it hasn't arrived yet so can't give my opinion yet.
I did go to check it out in a store and it does look like it will take some adjustment for the size, however I'll probably only have it for 6-8 months as my contract is up at the end of the year as I'll want to get the McLaren when it comes out.

Forgot about the nano-SIM though, will need to go and get a new SIM when it arrives.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So far, I like it. But its definitely a two hands device. I made the mistake of wasting $30 on the Invisible protector for front and back. I didn't realize you only get one of each. And of course, I put the front one on poorly and it looks awful.
This will be a phone ill have to use my Bluetooth more for. Can't see holding this up to my ear to talk all the time.

Dave - get a good case for the device - something that buffers the front screen, as well as the camera lens, doesn't have to be thick, just add some grip (& protection).

As far as taking calls, holding it up to your ear has it's advantages. It'll allow you to hide from ex-girlfriends / ex-wives, simply by pretending to take a call - a very effective DND. Seriously, you get used to it & don't even think about it - especially with the proliferation of phablets of all flavors. You can actually fill out web forms (6" screen) & provides a single, multi use device - I do use mine as an eReader during my commute.

In addition, it's definitely a conversation starter !

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is call quality on this thing insane?

Not just you, when I was using an Xperia Z2 for a weekend a month or so ago I found a huge difference going back to the 1520 and it made me wonder was the Sony bad or the Nokia great but after a bit of testing with other phones I found that the 1520 was fantastic.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is call quality on this thing insane?

whiskey, tango, foxtrot ...

didn't know you could hold it up to your ear & actually talk on it, does anyone still do that ?

Nahhhhhh, jk
the call quality is actually very good, something I take for granted w a Nokia device.
Remember the Nokia E71 (not E71x), opposite end of the spectrum, but I loved that phone !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs