WhatsApp looks ridiculous.

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The WhatsApp app had been working well for the past few days, I have no complains with functionality. I'm just a little irritated by how terrible the UI is on Windows phone. I have a 6 inch high resolution device and it's absolutely ridiculous that I can only see like four past texts at a glance.. The font is too big, media preview takes up a whole screen. I appreciate the work they've been doing but it's still not enough. The default messaging app on wp8.1 on the Lumia 1520 is a great example of screen real estate well utilized.. Am I the only who feels this way? If not, how can we demand for a better app from those yahoos?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The WhatsApp app had been working well for the past few days, I have no complains with functionality. I'm just a little irritated by how terrible the UI is on Windows phone. I have a 6 inch high resolution device and it's absolutely ridiculous that I can only see like four past texts at a glance.. The font is too big, media preview takes up a whole screen. I appreciate the work they've been doing but it's still not enough. The default messaging app on wp8.1 on the Lumia 1520 is a great example of screen real estate well utilized.. Am I the only who feels this way? If not, how can we demand for a better app from those yahoos?

totally agree,even on my 720 i feel its very half baked
whatsapp hasnt got a single app right on any platform except ios

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Have you gone to settings display ease of access and checked your text size options? If that does not work better, then you really need to voicing your comnplaint to Microsoft directly in their forums to get a speedier resolution of your issues.

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone to settings display ease of access and checked your text size options? If that does not work better, then you really need to voicing your comnplaint to Microsoft directly in their forums to get a speedier resolution of your issues.

Yeah I already tried that it's already set at the smallest font possible. WhatsApp should have an option to resize its fonts that is independent from the rest of the device. If I'm not mistaken this wpcentral app has that feature in built..

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'll spam the WhatsApp twitter handle and Facebook page and see how that works out. I don't think they have any other channel for user suggestions. With such a huge number of users you'd think they want some opinion to help keep that multitude happy..

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll spam the WhatsApp twitter handle and Facebook page and see how that works out. I don't think they have any other channel for user suggestions. With such a huge number of users you'd think they want some opinion to help keep that multitude happy..

that wont help , they are a bunch of lazy devs
hopefully BBM should scare them into making a better app or BBM will become the most popular im again
either ways its still a win-win for us consumers(and devs)

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's much better than it was pre-update but I agree with what you're saying. Especially if you jump between text messages/email etc. The text size difference is ridiculous. Also why does WP WhatsApp still not have that tone you get when you receive a new message with the app/conversation open like all the other platforms? We have it in text messages so why not WhatsApp?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It has kind of improved. But I agree, even on Lumia 620 the fonts could be smaller. The text size and boxes take up a lot of screen estate (an android with less resolutions shows equal amount of texts without causing eye strain). We really could use proper usage of screen estate on whatsapp, by that I also mean decreasing font size, font boxes and including more boxes in a single page.

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
And I just noticed this today but the emojis introduced in the new keyboard are better looking IMO and they don't correspond with those on WhatsApp so when you're using predictive text those emoticon suggestions offered by the keyboard are basically useless. It would be nice if WhatsApp played nice with the in-built features that make wp8.1 so great. I know they don't officially support the developer preview but I hope there will be something of the sort when the official firmware is released by Microsoft

K8WindowsCentral

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lumia 1320 yesterday and the font size on the Whatsapp application really urks me! its ginormous...anyone within like 4 feet could easily read my "private" messages! Very invasive! Whatsapp PLEASE do something about what is clearly a bother for many Whatsapp users on the said platforms. All we want is smaller font size. Surely that can't be so hard to give us!
In other news I do like the 6inch screen size experience with the lumia 1320. If Whatsapp fixes this preference problem ill be even happier!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually whatsapp was the best on Symbian, because the owners were Symbian users and continued to support Symbian. I still prefer whatsapp on my Nokia c3 and its completely free!

beatheaven

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm running on windows 8.1 and whatsapp is way more different than on w8. On windows 8.1 you can choose a custom backround for chat, the message boxes are smaller and the font size is customisable. There's a lot more advanced settings and finally privacy settings too :)

iNoPhone

May 29, 2014
Visit site
They have to update and optimize the app for 6-inch devices. I'm using it right now and it's clearly unoptimized, it doesn't even use the entire screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire