08-08-2014 07:23 AM
33 12
tools
    The WhatsApp app had been working well for the past few days, I have no complains with functionality. I'm just a little irritated by how terrible the UI is on Windows phone. I have a 6 inch high resolution device and it's absolutely ridiculous that I can only see like four past texts at a glance.. The font is too big, media preview takes up a whole screen. I appreciate the work they've been doing but it's still not enough. The default messaging app on wp8.1 on the Lumia 1520 is a great example of screen real estate well utilized.. Am I the only who feels this way? If not, how can we demand for a better app from those yahoos?
    06-23-2014 09:48 AM
    I've a Lumia 720, so..i don't know
    06-23-2014 09:52 AM
    The WhatsApp app had been working well for the past few days, I have no complains with functionality. I'm just a little irritated by how terrible the UI is on Windows phone. I have a 6 inch high resolution device and it's absolutely ridiculous that I can only see like four past texts at a glance.. The font is too big, media preview takes up a whole screen. I appreciate the work they've been doing but it's still not enough. The default messaging app on wp8.1 on the Lumia 1520 is a great example of screen real estate well utilized.. Am I the only who feels this way? If not, how can we demand for a better app from those yahoos?
    totally agree,even on my 720 i feel its very half baked
    whatsapp hasnt got a single app right on any platform except ios
    06-23-2014 09:52 AM
    I also want smaller font.
    06-23-2014 09:53 AM
    Yeah I want smaller font like the text messaging thing
    06-23-2014 01:18 PM
    Have you gone to settings display ease of access and checked your text size options? If that does not work better, then you really need to voicing your comnplaint to Microsoft directly in their forums to get a speedier resolution of your issues.
    06-23-2014 01:33 PM
    Have you gone to settings display ease of access and checked your text size options? If that does not work better, then you really need to voicing your comnplaint to Microsoft directly in their forums to get a speedier resolution of your issues.
    Yeah I already tried that it's already set at the smallest font possible. WhatsApp should have an option to resize its fonts that is independent from the rest of the device. If I'm not mistaken this wpcentral app has that feature in built..
    06-24-2014 04:27 AM
    I'll spam the WhatsApp twitter handle and Facebook page and see how that works out. I don't think they have any other channel for user suggestions. With such a huge number of users you'd think they want some opinion to help keep that multitude happy..
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-24-2014 04:31 AM
    I'll spam the WhatsApp twitter handle and Facebook page and see how that works out. I don't think they have any other channel for user suggestions. With such a huge number of users you'd think they want some opinion to help keep that multitude happy..
    that wont help , they are a bunch of lazy devs
    hopefully BBM should scare them into making a better app or BBM will become the most popular im again
    either ways its still a win-win for us consumers(and devs)
    vrabac likes this.
    06-24-2014 06:57 AM
    I only hope to see different color bubbles for different recipients. The one color for all chats is really ugly....
    06-24-2014 07:07 AM
    It's much better than it was pre-update but I agree with what you're saying. Especially if you jump between text messages/email etc. The text size difference is ridiculous. Also why does WP WhatsApp still not have that tone you get when you receive a new message with the app/conversation open like all the other platforms? We have it in text messages so why not WhatsApp?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    vrabac likes this.
    06-24-2014 07:17 AM
    It has kind of improved. But I agree, even on Lumia 620 the fonts could be smaller. The text size and boxes take up a lot of screen estate (an android with less resolutions shows equal amount of texts without causing eye strain). We really could use proper usage of screen estate on whatsapp, by that I also mean decreasing font size, font boxes and including more boxes in a single page.
    06-24-2014 07:39 AM
    And I just noticed this today but the emojis introduced in the new keyboard are better looking IMO and they don't correspond with those on WhatsApp so when you're using predictive text those emoticon suggestions offered by the keyboard are basically useless. It would be nice if WhatsApp played nice with the in-built features that make wp8.1 so great. I know they don't officially support the developer preview but I hope there will be something of the sort when the official firmware is released by Microsoft
    06-25-2014 02:58 AM
    I got a Lumia 1320 yesterday and the font size on the Whatsapp application really urks me! its ginormous...anyone within like 4 feet could easily read my "private" messages! Very invasive! Whatsapp PLEASE do something about what is clearly a bother for many Whatsapp users on the said platforms. All we want is smaller font size. Surely that can't be so hard to give us!
    In other news I do like the 6inch screen size experience with the lumia 1320. If Whatsapp fixes this preference problem ill be even happier!
    07-05-2014 01:07 AM
    Actually whatsapp was the best on Symbian, because the owners were Symbian users and continued to support Symbian. I still prefer whatsapp on my Nokia c3 and its completely free!
    SammyD97 likes this.
    07-05-2014 02:57 PM
    Have you gone into wp settings and tried changing the font size to a smaller size?
    07-05-2014 03:27 PM
    I'm running on windows 8.1 and whatsapp is way more different than on w8. On windows 8.1 you can choose a custom backround for chat, the message boxes are smaller and the font size is customisable. There's a lot more advanced settings and finally privacy settings too :)
    07-05-2014 03:42 PM
    Its ok..nothin special unlike many apps on wp which amazes u with the design
    07-05-2014 09:49 PM
    They have to update and optimize the app for 6-inch devices. I'm using it right now and it's clearly unoptimized, it doesn't even use the entire screen.
    07-16-2014 12:05 PM
    Wow...really are we surprised that the only large Windows phone does not have optimized apps?
    07-16-2014 05:03 PM
    1st of all Windows is their last choice for the platforms and atleast we have whatsapp with us :)
    07-16-2014 06:04 PM
    1st of all Windows is their last choice for the platforms and atleast we have whatsapp with us :)
    Hey, we paid for our devices. We deserve good service and apps.. If its not good enough it's unacceptable..
    07-16-2014 11:46 PM
    Hey, we paid for our devices. We deserve good service and apps.. If its not good enough it's unacceptable..
    So who's the decider of "good enough"? We're lucky to have some of the apps we have and here we sit complaining that the only large screen windows phone does not display those apps properly. My two cents sell the phone and go buy a 930 or fire up a kick starter and pay some high school kid to build a app.
    07-17-2014 06:19 AM
    I don't think the problem with font size is necessarily with WhatsApp in either WP8.0 or 8.1
    Look around and you'll notice many apps have this issue and cannot match the correct scaling (like the default messaging app).

For example, after upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 I noticed the Storyteller and HERE maps apps (as an example) fonts and function buttons like "Delete" have gotten bigger and uglier.

Whatever font setting is available for the default messaging and system apps are clearly not available to 3rd party developers. But how do you get this across to those idiots at MS .. I don't know.
    07-17-2014 09:03 AM
    OMG that stuff takes time. Android is still dealing with it and so is apple.
    07-17-2014 04:47 PM
33 12