Completely unresponsive to touch

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So I am fixing my 1520's shattered screen with another 1520 I bought off eBay (had a bad IMEI). I basically replaced the new phone with my motherboard along with my SIM card and SD card. The battery was dead so after much anticipation and watching that little windows logo blink a thousand times, it finally booted up! Everything was exactly as it should be and exactly the way my old phone looked before it took its tumble. The only problem..absolutely no response to touch, not even the three buttons below the screen, just my luck. I did a soft reset (holding the power button till restart) and the same thing happened.

So my question is what is at fault here? I didn't test the phone before hand so I'm not sure if it was nonresponsive before I swapped motherboards. Could it be that I didn't latch the touch screen connector all the way down on the motherboard? Or is there something else wrong here? Just want a few opinions before I rip it back open.

Thanks as always guys!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Recheck all your connections carefully. Make sure nothing is getting shorted when you close it up. Probably just a stray connection to the screen....

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I opened it up but I got nervous because I was unable to power it off so I didn't want to risk shorting anything. Any way to power off the device with only the hardware buttons? I am kinda stuck with it on unless there is another way to power down the device. I pressed on all the connections to make sure they had solid contact and nothing helped. I am at a total loss right now. I now own two 1520's, neither of which work.

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well great, I have already charged it over halfway! Without being able to use the screen it will take forever to drain the battery! Anyone know if this has anything to do with my motherboard being incompatible with the other components (namely, the screen)? I don't see why that would be an issue but I am desperate to get this phone working again.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well great, I have already charged it over halfway! Without being able to use the screen it will take forever to drain the battery! Anyone know if this has anything to do with my motherboard being incompatible with the other components (namely, the screen)? I don't see why that would be an issue but I am desperate to get this phone working again.

Would it be worthwhile trying Nokia Software Updater for Retail and re flashing the phone to 8.0

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I actually just got finished doing that, no help at all. Still no touch. So does this confirm that it isn't a software issue? Its now completely factory and still not working.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Google the Lumia 1520 service Manual - there is a side key combination which will cause a hard reset...

but, the phone must be powered OFF

So this may be of little use ... schematics of phone, though.

:cool::unhappy::sweaty::cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa