Wanting the 1520 but unsure.

Ryan6165

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry to annoy you members with this question that's probably been asked a thousand times, but do you guys recommend the Lumia 1520? I've [almost] convinced myself back to Windows Phone with 8.1 here and my first WP device being the 920 wasn't all that bad. I am used to bugs and can tolerate them to an extent (my current device being an HTC one with a custom rom and kernel which has a few bugs) but I also don't want to shell out my money for something that will just be horrible. So I guess in short, what are your opinions on the device? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 😊

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
As a 1520 user i will say it might have few niggles here and there but i guess most phones will have that.
I will say if ur comfortable with wp platform this is the best phone to get.best all round package in wp section.size? Im comfortable with it,infact i dont think i can go small anymore but 6inch is not for everyone

Ryan6165

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have played around with one in a store and while it seemed huge at first, I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me quickly and seem normal. This one also didn't seem to have a tap bug so I could get lucky, who knows. Thanks for the reply!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
90% of a phone is the OS it has. Nokia is good hardware. If you want WP then you probably can't go wrong with the 1520 (although, I don't have one). I got a crappy HTC 8x and think it works great but only because it has WP 8.1.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you had a Lumia 920, I assume you're on a GSM carrier. The best Windows Phone you can get on GSM, right now is the Lumia 1520. It'll seem big for some short period of time (up to you), but it just works & diminishes all other devices around it.

There are myriad threads on here, extollling the Lumia 1520 - now, it's your call.

No perfect phone, just perfect for you.

Last edited:

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to annoy you members with this question that's probably been asked a thousand times, but do you guys recommend the Lumia 1520? I've [almost] convinced myself back to Windows Phone with 8.1 here and my first WP device being the 920 wasn't all that bad. I am used to bugs and can tolerate them to an extent (my current device being an HTC one with a custom rom and kernel which has a few bugs) but I also don't want to shell out my money for something that will just be horrible. So I guess in short, what are your opinions on the device? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 😊

I am to a Lumia 920 owner on the fence about the 1520 or not. I started a thread couple weeks back on this same topic and the reason I'm on the fence is because someone said that there new phone coming from Nokia called McLaren. Unlike present WP this will also have 3D kinetic gestures and the screen suppose to be 5.2in. The official specs are not out yet and something tells me to wait until the official specs. are out. But then again the 1520 is a nice phone that would be an advantage to have the 1520.3 model to be on tmobile or At&t as one pleases. Maybe by the time specs are out and gets closer to November the price will drop on 1520 too. Oh don't know what to do.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the yellow 1520 with 8.1 (DP). I really like the phone, but would prefer a tiny bit smaller. Is not a big deal in any way. When the firmware Cyan is released, the quibbles, I hope, for the camera darkness will be corrected. Unlike many folks, I do not have any issues with battery. I use it constantly for web browsing, some music streaming as well. Definitely recommend it. Wish you the best.

Ryan6165

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I think like most users, I will adapt to the size fairly quickly and everything else will be simply, too small. But for a while it's size will be comical, I can already see myself laughing when it comes out of the box. I'm still deciding whether to jump to 8.1 DP or wait for the official release given some users issues with it.

Bryan Russell

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I installed 8.1 DP as soon as I was happy that there were no hardware issues with my new 1520. I think I'd really struggle to go back to 8.0 now which just says how much the OS has improved.

As far as the size my wife even commented about how nice the screen was despite it's size yesterday. Very surprised that she was coming around to it too since she has a little weenie Lumia 920.

dkhmwilliams

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
This is the one WP that I was considering as well. I really like the screen size. I have read rumors that there will be new WP devices that will have on screen buttons. I will wait for them to be released before I consider making the leap. I was also on the fence about the platform because I have used many Google services in the past and they seem to be incredibly absent in the marketplace, but I have since switched over to MS and Outlook for my cloud services/needs. The only hang up I have left is video chat. I don't want to use Skype and there is no Google Hangouts app available.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

yly3

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the 1520 for 5 days now and all I can say is that it is the best phone I've had since the iPhone 4S white.
I have mine in yellow and only the colour makes this phone amazing for me.
Can't go back to less than 6" now. Maybe the sequel to this phone if they manage to squeeze 6.3" in the same body somehow.

That being said I hope they don't go with the onscreen buttons route as I hate them. Tried them on the M8.

dkhmwilliams

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had the 1520 for 5 days now and all I can say is that it is the best phone I've had since the iPhone 4S white.
I have mine in yellow and only the colour makes this phone amazing for me.
Can't go back to less than 6" now. Maybe the sequel to this phone if they manage to squeeze 6.3" in the same body somehow.

That being said I hope they don't go with the onscreen buttons route as I hate them. Tried them on the M8.

Why don't you like them?

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa