Problems with my 1520. Need help.

newavengers12

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Today my phone starting giving me problems. I am running the 8.1 preview. For some unknown reason, with my phone turned on, the screen will turn off... I see the hour and it keeps changing minutes and hours as usual... but when I want to unlock it, the screen wont turn back on andf I need to do the 3 button reset to be able to use the phone until the screen turns off again...and the process repeat itself again.

Thanks for any help you guys can bring me!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
three button reset?

soft reset is Power w Volume down, until it vibrates (or simply hold Power until it vibrates).

Whatchu talkin' bout ?

Last edited:

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On your display, does it get real warm up at the top of the device and say "Loading........" on the display like it is loading something, but the Start/Back/Search buttons do not vibrate? In other words, completely unresponsive?

Mine has been doing the same thing lately just chugging the battery when froze up like this. Been happening a couple of times a day with the current 8.1 Preview update.

I do not have a solution for you to try yet, but maybe someone else can point us to a specific solution here other than having to deal with the trade off until the official 8.1 release drops for it.

sandeepbhargav

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The start screen getting stuck at loading and the top left corner of the phone getting hot issue is most definitely due to Cortana. I had the same problem with my 1520 and I read in some other thread here that the issue is due to the Cortana live tile. I unpinned it, rebooted the phone and haven't experienced the problem yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes