Can I temporary use a Samsung Galaxy charger for my Lumia 1520?

vlmirano

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi just a quick question, I forgot my Nokia charger in the office so I have no charger over the weekend. Can I temporary use my niece's Samsung galaxy charger?

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
That will be fine and I have used my brothers Samsung Galaxy S3 charger for my Lumia. Pretty much any charger with a micro USB will charge your phone (how quick is a different story).

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The only time I have seen a Nokia charger needed is when the battery is 100% dead, there might be issues getting the phone to start charging again. The last time I saw this though was on a Lumia 900 wp7 phone. I keep my battery charged for the most part.

affaiec

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum. Further to charging the battery on a 1520, should the battery be fully drained before re charging? As i understand the re chargeable batteries from old used to form a memory and only hold a certain amount of charge.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
better to charge BEFORE it reaches that state as LiOn batteries can be topped off with no ill effects.
Lith-ion batteries don't have the memory effect that NiCad batteris did,

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum. Further to charging the battery on a 1520, should the battery be fully drained before re charging? As i understand the re chargeable batteries from old used to form a memory and only hold a certain amount of charge.

Typically, you can charge whenever its convenient. 80%, 20%, whatever.
There is no battery memory in recent batteries, even in 10 year old phones.

But to maintain accuracy, its a good practice to completely discharge and charge about once a month, give or take.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas