My heart shattered the same way

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I get. But to be reasonable, its part of the design aspect of this phone. The screen couldn't be as thick as the glass, on say, a 928. If it was, this phone would weigh a LOT more. And it would be almost twice as thick as it is. As far as the digitizer and screen being bonded, it is this way to add rigidity to the screen. You really have to hit the screen just right(usually right on the edge), for it to break.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm happy to report I received my replacement 1020. It's flawless! It's a good thing it got here so fast, as my cracked 1020's screen just quit working altogether... Was a lot of updating on the new 1020 to get back where I was with the WP 8.1 DP. But I think I'm there... fresh install on a fresh phone!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The thing I hate the most is that I'll never hold that phone fearlessly as I did before.
Even if I somehow gather the money and repair it, I will always live in fear that I can again drop it, and that even the slightest damage will break it.
If that happened (fixing it, then I drop it again), I'd seriously go back to some 3310-like phone.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I feel yah. I used to hate on people with Bluetooth devices, but I am getting the LG tone pro ultra, for two reasons. I do mechanical work and metal fab/welding. It's an unfriendly environment. So having the headset will prevent me from pulling my phone out to make and receive calls. Also, its a stereo headset, so I can listen to my music and not have wires. The next step you need to take is invest in a few cases. Do some research and order three. Try them and settle on the one that you like best. It needs to protect the side of the phone well and screen/camera lens as well. Get the phone fixed. It is a great phone.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, the first problem is to gather 250€.
The second problem is to give that money to the repair guy, because I feel like he's seriously robbin' me. I found a full screen for only ~ $150.

I didn't believe this could get me so much down, last few days I feel like complete ****. Anyway, when I fix (if I fix it), IDK about those cases.
The phone is big enough on it's own, and the other thing is that it will look SO MUCH UGLY with a case. Like come on, why did Nokia make it so beautiful and touch-friendly?
I guess I'm just anti-case, so it's gonna be hard for me.

And come on, how much will it ACTUALLY help me? I think they are mostly used to prevent scratches (which I don't really mind), and if it falls again on the screen, it's gone.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
$150? What carrier are you on? My deductable was $199 for my 1020... I'm real happy to have my replacement either way!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T. I got mine the day after I paid my deductable. And I got it in a new color that I actually like! White!

Hmmm, I'm on AT&T as well. I guess the 1520 is a "tier 2" phone, and my 1020 is a "tier 3"?
Anyway, yes, like you, my replacement showed up the very next day! :)
I got the same color I wanted... Sexy yellow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss