8.1 Upgrade Can't Send/Receive MMS

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
no issues. lumia 1520 on at&t, DP 8.1 with the current update.
would suggest at minimum a soft reset>> hold volume down and power at same time.
when phone vibrates release the buttons.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently experiencing the same issue with WP 8.1, on my Samsung ATIV S (Bell Canada model). Text that accompanies pictures goes through okay, but the photos themselves appear to get lost. The MMS settings I had before were already manually entered back when I was on WP8 GDR3 since I am currently using it on WIND Mobile. Has anybody found any workarounds? A soft/hard reset will not fix this.

Edit: My apologies; I posted this not realizing this was the 1520 forum. I'll ask about this in another thread.

Last edited:

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
8.1 update and GDR1 update (if it did not get boned with the former) has notoriously screwed MMS for Samsung phones. Manually entering in any good apn doesn't help either. Only their firmware can fix it. Unless someone has a good MMS apn and has a Samsung phone running the above (and it works), please do share.

Because Racecar

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
So my issue with mms is a bit...odd. I have a 1520.3 on T-Mobile. I can't send a message to someone with an image (mms), but I can send a text. If that person replies, or sends me a message, I can then send an image and MMS works. I just can't initiate a conversation with an MMS.

Anyone have any ideas?

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So my issue with mms is a bit...odd. I have a 1520.3 on T-Mobile. I can't send a message to someone with an image (mms), but I can send a text. If that person replies, or sends me a message, I can then send an image and MMS works. I just can't initiate a conversation with an MMS.

Anyone have any ideas?

Check the APN and check the image size too, some carriers limit the message size.

bman212121

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just play around with it until it works. Had the same issue after the update. I set the internet and mms apn to epc.t-mobile.com, saved the changes and restarted the phone. It didn't work after trying to send and receive from two phones (One bad one good). Set the setting back to fast.t-mobile.com, and tried to send and receive more pictures from two phones and all of the sudden it started working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire