Freezing/Sluggish - running 8.1

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The phone ran great for the first 2 weeks, now it's taking it's sweet time for several things. It's acting ok now, but I have moments where it takes 10+ seconds to go to sleep or resume, some apps get stuck loading, and delayed actions when tapping/swiping on the screen. I turned off bluetooth for now, but it ran fine last week so I don't really think it's the issue.

Surely it can't be the My Little Pony game. It's the only thing I have added to the phone in the last week.

​I have looked at other threads and I do not have touch or glance installed at all, so those can't be causing it.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset without restoring from a backup after installing 8.1? if you didn't then I would suggest that you do.

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset without restoring from a backup after installing 8.1? if you didn't then I would suggest that you do.

I'll give it a couple of days and see if it clears up. If not, I may just have to do that. I've not done a whole lot yet so I won't lose much.

Edit: It just took a while to turn on again. I had just taken it off the charger. That seems to have something to do with it.

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Eeeek I shuddder at ever having to do that lol

Well I did a test on one of my 925s where I went back to 8.0 and restored my backup and then installed 8.1 and I had a load of problems for slow to resume to freezing and the rest in between so I first backed up everything and did a hard reset and restored for the backup and that cured a lot of the problems but not all of them. Then I did a hard reset and didn't restore so I set the phone up as new again and problems were all gone.

I updated all my phones that you see in the list below over the first two days of 8.1 and all have better battery(some more so than others) and I have no problems at all with 8.1 The only problem I had was the one with Cortana live tile making the phone hang with the resuming......... on the screen. Got rid of the live tile and okay ever since.

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to change phones, from a 925 to the 1520, the 925 has the developer preview and has had a couple of the issues talked about here.
Now should I backup the 925 then start the 1520 and restore the 925 backup ? or should I start from scratch ?
My wife is going to have the 925 so I think I'll do a factory reset and wait for the official 8.1 update.

edit:
Is it possible to just restore sms ? and not apps ? I can manually install apps as I go.

edit: just configure my phone without restoring and all the sms and addresses are there, sweet !!!!!
cheers

Last edited:

Casper Naegle

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing on my 8.1. I am on my second 8.1 update. It seems like some applications launch on their own and I end up at the screen you would normally see if hold the back button down. It ran fine with the first two 8.1 installs, but this last update seems to have created multiple issues. I can reboot and it works fine for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05