Is Lumia 1520 screen sensitivity issue fixed or still present ?

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
hey i am from india .. and i want to buy a nokia lumia 1520.

at present i am using galaxy s3. but now i am kinda bored from android .. and fed up from its lag even my friends note 3 lags at gaming and at certain point .

so i am considering to buy a windows phone .. the lumia 1520

but i have heard it has screen sensitivity issue ... the same think happened with my galaxy s3 while using stock browser .. its was so sick and frustrating i ended up using crome and not my stock android browser ..

so my question is .. its the problem fixed now .. or its still present ? so should i buy the lumia 1520 ?

reply fast .. thanks .!!!:angel:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's still present and can get pretty annoying. But you can prevent it from happening too often by adapting the way you touch/interact with your device. The release of the newest firmware called Cyan is very close though, and it is believed this will fix the oversensitivity.
Tbh, even though the issue is still persistent, I'm enjoying the hell out of my Lumia 1520. It's an amazing device and I wouldn't want to go back. I barely ever use my 1020 anymore (only for taking pictures, which is were the 1020 really excels).

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your reply .!!!

i know the device is amazing ...

so should i buy this device right now ? or wait for the cyan update and see as it fix the issue ?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your reply .!!!

i know the device is amazing ...

so should i buy this device right now ? or wait for the cyan update and see as it fix the issue ?

The longer you wait the more you'll regret having bought it when new devices like the McLaren hit the markets (not before November though). :)
The 1520 is worth every single penny imho. And as annoying the sensitivity issue may be, it's not that much a deal breaker. At least not for me. You'll certainly get used to it and adjust your touching behavior accordingly.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i have heard about mclaren and the features its going to provide is already available on my galaxy s3. so its not a deal breaker for me.

i think i am going to wait untill they fix the update .. or if it doesnt i am going to buy a android again .. :/

because i have a elder brother as well. and if he finds out my device is messy or has a bug.. he is going to be angry .. like why you didnt go for android ... as i am paying a lot for the lumia 1520 ... hope the next update fixes the issue ..

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
i have heard about mclaren and the features its going to provide is already available on my galaxy s3. so its not a deal breaker for me.

i think i am going to wait untill they fix the update .. or if it doesnt i am going to buy a android again .. :/

because i have a elder brother as well. and if he finds out my device is messy or has a bug.. he is going to be angry .. like why you didnt go for android ... as i am paying a lot for the lumia 1520 ... hope the next update fixes the issue ..

Tbh, I've experienced more severe bugs and annoyances on Android devices than I did on any WP powered phone. I doubt your S3 has all the features the McLaren will come up with. True 3D touch, anyone? ;) It's not the same as what you find in the Galaxy S4 (and S5?), which utilize the front facing camera. It's entirely different as MS is using their experiences made with the Kinect sensor.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I would wait and see if the Cyan update really fixes it, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere officially that it will and the fix could be just some people's expectations. I had the 1520 but the touch issue drove me mad and I returned it after a week. If its fixed in the update then its well worth it but if its not then it depends on how frequently it occurs on your device and how much you can tolerate it. It completely ruined the device for me but you may find it acceptable but waiting a few weeks to see if the update fixes would seem to be the best option.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 was fine the first 5 months then one day it started up. All kinds of weird stuff happens.

1.Touch stops responding so then I have to lock and unlock.
2. Email will delete itself while reading the email.
3. Bing starts up by itself.
4. Camera takes screen shots by itself.
5. while in a text the keyboard will start typing by itself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/od1z4xoa32noi6d/My Movie.mp4

I took my phone back and AT&T is mailing me another one being they did not have a red one in stock.

Jim

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait !

The sensitive screen issue is driving me nuts !!
If the Cyan update doesn't fix it, I'll be ditching the device because of this issue.

For example I use Twitter a LOT during the day. It's not the end of the world that it frequently opens posts when i meant to scroll but the constant back and forth is annoying.
It's worse in other apps though - in Viber for example, this bug causes it to send stickers or emojis when you are simply browsing through them !
Same thing in Onedrive (which I use a lot) - when scrolling through my files it'll accidentally open them up - very time consuming!
Web browsing means frequent mis-clicks on links.
Again all of these are minor issues on their own but (for me) they are all annoying enough to make the device un-usable.

What's worse is that I contacted Nokia about this earlier this week and they deny that this is a known issue.
They advised that any phone with this issue should be sent in for repair. But forums like these claim repairs don't fix it either !

This is even worse for me because I bought an unlocked device (the 1520 isn't available in Canada) BUT Nokia don't provide international warranties, so I'd have to pay to have mine repaired - something I'm not going to do unless they can guarantee a fix.

Without this issue though - it's the best phone I've ever had !

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
exactly many users had posted that after the screen or motherboard change the problem was not solved . so i think you should wait for the cyan update and see if it fixes the issue...

i totally agree with you the 6inch beast .. with 20mp camera .. its the best phone ever.. if the issue is not fixed by the cyan update ..

i think i am going to buy a galaxy s5 .. i dont have another choice ..

as i cant wait for next mclaren windows phone .. which has no release date .. maybe its going to release next year .. who knows ... :asleep::straight:

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone has become unusable with the screen issue. I'm sure it is a software issue because it worked fine until about 3 weeks after I received it. It blows any other Windows phone away with processor/camera/microsd. I will never go Andriod unless Microsoft pulls out of the USA market. I know there is a process to go back to 8.0 and I plan on doing so to get the official 8.1 update but do I have to re-install apps when I downgrade?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone has become unusable with the screen issue. I'm sure it is a software issue because it worked fine until about 3 weeks after I received it. It blows any other Windows phone away with processor/camera/microsd. I will never go Andriod unless Microsoft pulls out of the USA market. I know there is a process to go back to 8.0 and I plan on doing so to get the official 8.1 update but do I have to re-install apps when I downgrade?

Yes you do. You will have to flash your device in order to revert from 8.1 back to 8.0. Which isn't any different than performing a hardreset.

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 arrived this week and I've had no screen issues while spending the week setting it up and moving my data across (took longer as I switched MS IDs). The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes the screen doesn't wake properly if I unlock it too quick after locking it and the screen is washed out. I just lock and unlock it again and its fine not big deal.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd wait !

The sensitive screen issue is driving me nuts !!
If the Cyan update doesn't fix it, I'll be ditching the device because of this issue.

For example I use Twitter a LOT during the day. It's not the end of the world that it frequently opens posts when i meant to scroll but the constant back and forth is annoying.
It's worse in other apps though - in Viber for example, this bug causes it to send stickers or emojis when you are simply browsing through them !
Same thing in Onedrive (which I use a lot) - when scrolling through my files it'll accidentally open them up - very time consuming!
Web browsing means frequent mis-clicks on links.
Again all of these are minor issues on their own but (for me) they are all annoying enough to make the device un-usable.

What's worse is that I contacted Nokia about this earlier this week and they deny that this is a known issue.
They advised that any phone with this issue should be sent in for repair. But forums like these claim repairs don't fix it either !

This is even worse for me because I bought an unlocked device (the 1520 isn't available in Canada) BUT Nokia don't provide international warranties, so I'd have to pay to have mine repaired - something I'm not going to do unless they can guarantee a fix.

Without this issue though - it's the best phone I've ever had !

@Anthonyfear, if you have a 1520 that is not released in Canada, do you think you csn still download Cyan via OTA? how are you gonna get the Cyan update if no carrier is going to handle it?

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's the way i use my 1520 but i have no sensitivity issue, it could of course be that i have a velvet touch, :wink: but i hardly ever open something by accident.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I do open things occasionally by accident, but I agree that you need a velvet touch with the 1520. If it is used like other phones: with a heavy hand, phantom taps will prevail.
Think of the 1520 as a beautiful woman, you need to be gentle and caress the screen..... It works!!!! LOL......

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
hey i am from india .. and i want to buy a nokia lumia 1520.

at present i am using galaxy s3. but now i am kinda bored from android .. and fed up from its lag even my friends note 3 lags at gaming and at certain point .

so i am considering to buy a windows phone .. the lumia 1520

but i have heard it has screen sensitivity issue ... the same think happened with my galaxy s3 while using stock browser .. its was so sick and frustrating i ended up using crome and not my stock android browser ..

so my question is .. its the problem fixed now .. or its still present ? so should i buy the lumia 1520 ?

reply fast .. thanks .!!!:angel:

In my case (got my 1520 for Xmas), MSFT pushed a patch in March and the problem was fixed. I thought everyone had the patch. Instead i see that even new devices still have the issue. Once you get patch the issue is gone and the phone works as expected.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
yes there was a update that was released by nokia but unfortunately it didnt fixed the issue ..

i have read that in many forums and by many users. that after the patch the touch problem is still there ..

i think you are just a lucky one ... whose having no issue with his lumia 1520

enjoy mate ..!!!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers