So a guy walks into a...AT&T Store :)

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been really err enjoying my 3 weeks of using my 925, but after using a 5.3" and 5" phone for the past 2 years or so the screen in the 925 just seems a little small, I have never seen a 1520 in person before I walked into the AT&T store today, I brought along my Note 2 just for comparison,........well DAM, the 1520 is a really big phone! I just couldn't get past how it is almost the same size as my Nexus 7 , it made my Note 2 look small and make my 925 look like a flip phone, I really like my current WP, the 925, I just wish it had a screen size around 5.2" or so anything over 5" but under 5.5". I really wish that Nokia / Microsoft would sell an unlocked 930 for use on AT&T's network or AT&T would pick up the 930. It's still better than the smallish 925 or the enormously large 1520. Don't get me wrong I really liked the 1520 but my job has me out and about all day long, in and out of the car about 10 times a day, I use my phone as a phone quite a bit and it just seems to cumbersome and not pocket friendly, I almost bought one off eBay, but something told me I should go check it out in person first. Anyone who is thinking of buying a 1520 and had never seen or held one or spent time with one, should do so before making a purchase, well that's my 2? anyway I do think it's a great phone just to big for me.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Without checking the specs on the 925, I don't remember if it's as large as the 920. I do recall it has half as much storage space (which is why I recently chose a 920 for my daughter). The screen on my 920 was large enough to binge watch House of Cards while I was rebuilding my laptop.

As for the 1520... I couldn't agree more. I broke a nail setting the beast down at my AT&T store. If phablets are the wave of the future, we could see Bluetooth earphones become a fashion trend.

I'll stick with my phone-size phone and hold out for a Surface Pro 3 for times when I need lots of screen real estate.

kenmitch

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It's always a good idea to hold a phone in hand to get the feel of it before purchasing it.

I ordered my 1520 online site unseen from AT&T as I wanted the 32gb version which was available online only. Very little shell shock involved when I removed it from the box as I was already expecting a phablet.

I guess you could say the 1520 is huge just like you could also say the iPhone is tiny....Different strokes for different folks!

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
have a 1520. yes, it's a large phone.
yes, it's hard to pocket. yes, it's tough to hold while making a call.
a bluetooth earpiece works wonders in that situation.
can't beat it on all other aspects in my opinion.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No disagreement and there have been a few threads here where many have the same feelings.

I have a 1520. My Wife (who is 5' tall and has very small hands) has a 1020. For each of us we have the ideal phone as she is a camera-freak and wants simple and easy to handle while I wanted Power, Storage, and a Screen that could act as a my go-to device when I'm not using a full-PC.

The nice thing about having variety is usually one can find a good balance of features that they want.

The 930 is definitely going to be more-right-sized for many. And while I doubt ATT will sell them directly it shouldn't be too hard to get one off-contract that will work with ATT once they start becoming more commonly sold internationally over the next couple of months.

There is also a lot of fairly strong rumors circulating that MS is working on a successor to the 1020 for fall, which would also likely be in a 5" screen size but with a number of new features that would take advantage of Windows Phone 8.1.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There is also a lot of fairly strong rumors circulating that MS is working on a successor to the 1020 for fall, which would also likely be in a 5" screen size but with a number of new features that would take advantage of Windows Phone 8.1.
would this be the McClaren?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12