Help in updating my 1520

sanjayd

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
i got a new 1520 as my previous 1520 was a fault piece.
i gave my live ID, facebook id etc.. all the initial steps are completed.
now the problem is if i go to phone update. it says my mobile is updated. even my app stores apps are not updating. i am manually updating the apps.
my firmware is : 1028.3562.1402.0001

help me in this ....

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
now the problem is if i go to phone update. it says my mobile is updated. even my app stores apps are not updating. i am manually updating the apps.

help me in this ....

Did you try a hard reset?
Did you try this? [Tutorial] Using Nokia Care Suite to Flash or Update Nokia Mobile’s FirmwareDiGiPASSION
Hope it helps

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

help me in this ....

Did you try a hard reset?
Did you try this? [Tutorial] Using Nokia Care Suite to Flash or Update Nokia Mobile’s FirmwareDiGiPASSION
Procedure in youtube Updating/Flashing Firmware With Nokia Care Suite 5.0 - YouTube

Hope it helps

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hard resetting or reflashing the phone's firmware seems a little extreme, and probably won't resolve the problem.

Windows Phone 8.0 wasn't terribly great at automatically updating apps - I found myself having to manually update apps when I was told (usually by WPCentral) that an app was updated. I also used "SysApp Pusher" to check for updates on my behalf.

Windows Phone 8.1 is much better in this respect.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That is the latest version of Windows Phone 8.0.

The only way to get 8.1 currently is through the developer preview program. Official release of 8.1 isn't too far off, so you may as well wait a few weeks.

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have found that with Windows Phone 8.0 there is no way to manually check if there are any updates for your apps. So you just have to wait a while until it says there are updates available, which can be inconvenient. Pin your store app to your start screen, and as soon as you see the live tile update with some numbers on it, that means it has some app updates ready for you. So far everything the original poster has made is all perfectly normal.

The good thing with windows 8.1 is you can manually check any time you want for app updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte