Photo settings for fireworks?

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell me the best settings to use on my 1520 for photographing fireworks. I prefer the built in app, and I am on 8. If there is a better suited app, I am open to that as well.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I usually use these for fireworks:
- ISO=100
- Shutter Speed between 0 to 4 Sec. The 2 Sec should be a good start, but you should adjust it depending on the type of firework and how long they burn. Checking first shots can provide a good lead.
- Turn off the flash
- Use a tripod, or other means to prevent camera shake.
- If you can't fire the shot without shaking the tripod/camera then you can use a 2 Sec delay too, but then you will miss some shots.

Last edited:

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
When I shot fireworks a few days ago, I used ISO200 & 2 Sec, ISO 400 & 1 Sec, and ISO 800 & 0.5 Sec. I changed the settings based on if I want a long exposure shot with many fireworks combined or just focus on one firework. Also you should try the Nokia Camera Beta with living images. (install Nokia Camera Beta, go into its settings, then reset settings to enable Living images) it makes the fireworks comes to life. (check my video in my sig.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos