Nokia Camera App Slow?

jkimrey

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
How long should it take for the Nokia Camera app to take a picture? Right now it is taking about 10 seconds from when I push the camera button to take the picture until it actually does... Using a 1520 on 8.1 beta.

Thanks

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
About a second too. Do you touch the screen or use the button to take the pic? Reset the camera and see if that helps. If not....could be looking at a hard reset

jkimrey

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I've tried both - touching the screen and pushing the button both take the same amount of time. Tried a camera reset with no luck. Unfortunately this is a replacement for one I sent in where the camera stopped working completely (black screen). The Microsoft app seems to work okay so hopefully this one isn't a hardware issue also....

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
10 seconds? In all conditions?

Try to focus first by tapping on the screen(or using manual focus) and then snap a photo, it should be much faster that way.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i feel your pain. from black screen (inactive) to snapping the photo its taking 9 seconds on my 520. it was considerably faster with the bare bones nokia camera app (not the beta with the burst mode) . this lag appeared after updating to 8.1 & i would imagine is related to all the extra features in the new camera app

the problem is , the bare bones nokia app is no longer available. i have lost countless shots due to this lag.
my lumia used to be so good & quick as a camera i stopped using my sony compact.

MS / Nokia please address this

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
This is the one thing I am not a fan of so far on the phone.

It takes a while for the camera to come up and then even longer to snap. That is one thing I do miss about the iPhone is how insanely fast it snapped a picture. I have a 2 year old and he doesnt stay in one spot too long :)

Devhammer

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
The ProShot app seems pretty fast to me, and has lots of customization options. I was fortunate enough to pick it up when it was free due to an app promotion, but given what it provides, I'd probably find it worth paying for.

The one downside is that you can't set it to start with the camera button, but I just pinned it to the start screen for easier access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12