Just got a 1520 😊

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Been a long time WP user and really a phone addict. Decided not to go for the S5 and instead went for the 1520 to compliment my 1020.
I had to swap my sim online to a nano and the staff at the Microsoft store in Burnaby, Canada helped me out. Had quite a few looks at the 1520 as we don't have it here in Canada.
8.1 is now running nice with no sensitivity issues.

Looking forward to testing the camera.

Cheers.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The only problem with the camera is the slow focus and shutter speed but Nokia plans to resolve that by adding continuous focus in Lumia Cyan. :)
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! What colour 1520 did you get?

The person who sold it to me had an ATT white model and a new yelllow rm-937 model. I ended up liking the yellow better with the bigger storage capacity (LTE wasn't a big deal for me). Awesome price too!

Girlfriend even left me to play with the phone tonight as she knew I would ignore her. Haha. She's awesome

Only issue is not being able to buy apps because I had to use a US region to get Cortana working. Posted a thread in Q&A. :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The person who sold it to me had an ATT white model and a new yelllow rm-937 model. I ended up liking the yellow better with the bigger storage capacity (LTE wasn't a big deal for me). Awesome price too!

Girlfriend even left me to play with the phone tonight as she knew I would ignore her. Haha. She's awesome

Only issue is not being able to buy apps because I had to use a US region to get Cortana working. Posted a thread in Q&A. :(

Cool! Yellow is nice.

My suggestion would be to change your region to the correct one, download and install your apps, and then switch back to US region for Cortana afterwards.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone. So you're rocking a 1520 and a 1020 now? Awesome

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I live in Canada. No Verizon here. And I need a specific app for teaching on my iPad that doesn't exist in WP 😉
The 2520/surface 2 runs Windows 8.1 RT, not WP, and the surface pro 3/2 run full Windows 8.1 x64... Maybe these should be better for teaching purposes,no? :)

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No I'm aware of that. I use my iPad to annotate and mirror onto my smartboard. I can highlight, edit, hide parts of pages, draw shapes, import graphs and templates right into the PDF. I've tried other platforms and they all fall short because of a lack of specific teaching apps.

There are no windows apps that offer even close to the functionality of my iPad app. The algorithm that renders my writing is superb and I can share to WordPress and dropbox all in one click. I don't even have paper copies or binders anymore. Our district has a windows only roadmap but for the classroom my iPad is still supreme.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
hi mate how is the camera on the 1520 , I have been offered one by my network as a swap for my faulty 1020 as they don't do the 64gb model anymore :-/

I still have 1x1020 and 1x faulty 1020 they want to swap for a brand new boxed 1520 so it would leave me in the same boat as you a 1020 and a 1520

I was thinking of using the 1520 as my daily driver due to the micro sim and then carrying the 1020 as a portable camera and back up phone

how does this work for you?

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
hi mate how is the camera on the 1520 , I have been offered one by my network as a swap for my faulty 1020 as they don't do the 64gb model anymore :-/

I still have 1x1020 and 1x faulty 1020 they want to swap for a brand new boxed 1520 so it would leave me in the same boat as you a 1020 and a 1520

I was thinking of using the 1520 as my daily driver due to the micro sim and then carrying the 1020 as a portable camera and back up phone

how does this work for you?

hey have you noticed the phantom bug on ur lumia 1520 ? which consider scroll as tap ?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have that bug sometimes. There is some mention that turning off auto brightness and high touch sensitivity fixes this. I have noticed this too. Only time I have it is with auto brightness enabled.

As for the cameras:

The 1520 is not as good as the 1020. It's still great but not as sharp (might be an 8.1 no cyan issue). It has a lot more noise in low light but that's to be expected. I also found that the Nokia Cam Beta takes very noisy and blurry photos compared to non-beta. This is weird as I found the beta to be better on my 1020. All in all, the 1520 is still a good camera.

As for sim:
You can buy a $5 adapter online that lets you put the smaller nano sim into a micro sim tray (like the 1020). That way you can swap Sims when needed 😃

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb