Should i get the 1520 or wait for new phones?

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
if you have the patience and can wait, then by all means wait until the new devices are announced. if you cannot, and you have done enough research on the 1520 and feel comfortable with it, then get that.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
3D touch LOL what a joke. I mean who cares. Now if the 1525 had something unique say the ability to go vertical with tile height then we're talking.
But 3D...again I'll pass and save myself the extra $300-$400 no contract price over the 1520.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
3D touch LOL what a joke. I mean who cares. Now if the 1525 had something unique say the ability to go vertical with tile height then we're talking.
But 3D...again I'll pass and save myself the extra $300-$400 no contract price over the 1520.

Well you you already know all specs please by all means have us informed. Otherwise, such blunt criticism without full knowledge of the device is uncalled for.
They obviously cant make 3D touch the only difference between both devices.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you you already know all specs please by all means have us informed. Otherwise, such blunt criticism without full knowledge of the device is uncalled for.
They obviously cant make 3D touch the only difference between both devices.

No they can't, but WP doesn't take advantage of the HD screen on the 1520 now so I stand by what I said about not waiting for the 1525.
And here is link regarding the possible changes: Nokia Lumia 1525 Teaming Up with T-Mobile: Specs Speculations - International Business Times

Interesting, but the OS needs to catch up to the hardware or there is no point in paying more.

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 1520 2 months ago and I've been really happy with it so far... It has an amazing camera, gorgeous display, a very loud speaker and a long lasting battery but then again it's too big. I mean at first it was hard/awkward for me to use it with one hand (I'm 6'3 and I've got big hands) but then I got used to it.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No they can't, but WP doesn't take advantage of the HD screen on the 1520 now so I stand by what I said about not waiting for the 1525.
And here is link regarding the possible changes: Nokia Lumia 1525 Teaming Up with T-Mobile: Specs Speculations - International Business Times

Interesting, but the OS needs to catch up to the hardware or there is no point in paying more.

Well everyone know WP is still a developing platform and some developments have been made to further utilize devices like L1520.
And Microsoft has a lot of things to come, especially next year, with the merging of WP and WRT, you would know that Microsoft is planning to climb real fast and if you are on a long term commitment, you would want a device that is future proof enough to avoid getting left behind (like with some devices on the leap from WP 7.x to 8.x).

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Not necessarily. L1520 is almost a year old and L1525 might be out in a few months.
The value of L1520 will depreciate with the release of L1525.
So its still economically wiser to wait. (If you waited a year already, few months wont kill you).

Availability date is far from release date.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well everyone know WP is still a developing platform and some developments have been made to further utilize devices like L1520.
And Microsoft has a lot of things to come, especially next year, with the merging of WP and WRT, you would know that Microsoft is planning to climb real fast and if you are on a long term commitment, you would want a device that is future proof enough to avoid getting left behind (like with some devices on the leap from WP 7.x to 8.x).

Yea I think the 1520 is pretty FP as far as WP goes. That's my point of not waiting for the next version.
I'm not trying to argue with you all of this is MOP. I'd rather save the money, because worst case the 1520 cant be upgraded and if the 1525 can then I'll be able to pick it up at a reduced price, because they will release a new unicorn made for the new OS.

for the rest of this year and maybe until this time next year I think the 1520 is a pretty safe investment and the price is pretty good.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
IMO, the 1520 is the best phone ive ever used period, and ive owned nearly all of them (including a Note 3 and S5).. bar Apple. Buy it friend..

I watched a Youtube vid on the new ICON (930 in UK) and I thought it didnt hold a candle to the 1520. The 6" IPS panel is stunning, Im just a moderate user so battery life.. i get about 3 days.

There is no other phone

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 is the best phone I've ever owned, but the swipe/tap bug is exasperating. I'd wait for the 1525. It's supposed to be announced in "Week 27" (which would be this week, incidentally), not "July 27" as someone else said. Unless the RM-1017 is a different phone altogether.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Good points, but where did you get the idea about Aug 15?

nokia con is on 27th july ...

some are saying they can launch the new lumia in first week of aug. read it on many blogs and websites... so i am going to wait untill 2nd week ..

and after that. ... on 15th aug. at 12am i am going to order a lumia 1520 .. if no new lumia's are launched .. lol :p :D

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
THAN PROBabely people like me shuld buy lumia 1520 ...
nokia con is on 27th july ...

some are saying they can launch the new lumia in first week of aug. read it on many blogs and websites... so i am going to wait untill 2nd week ..

and after that. ... on 15th aug. at 12am i am going to order a lumia 1520 .. if no new lumia's are launched .. lol :p :D

We are sailing the same boat man. If by 20th of August there isn't news of the release date of the L1525 (or if the promised release date is past September), around Aug 25th I will pick up the L1520.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
We are sailing the same boat man. If by 20th of August there isn't news of the release date of the L1525 (or if the promised release date is past September), around Aug 25th I will pick up the L1520.

hahah yesh we are .!!!!

lets hope they launch new lumia this week .. ahahha :)

so we can get out f the boat ... and buy a lumia .. :) :D

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
hahah yesh we are .!!!!

lets hope they launch new lumia this week .. ahahha :)

so we can get out f the boat ... and buy a lumia .. :) :D

Hahah but really man, I doubt there's much hope for us. with the late release of the L930, i doubt nokia or microsoft will be in much of a rush to release a follow up smartphone. Might disrupt their sales.
And worse with the rumor of possible 3D touch, that shatters my hope.
Nokia's supposed 3D touch flagship is meant to be the McLaren, so if the L1525 really possess the 3D touch feature, I doubt they will release it before the McLaren (which is rumored to be out in November). :(
EDIT:
Oh and if it ends up being released soon, the amount of green L1520 that would be sold (if its released also) will be ZERO

Btw, I like your surname :D
Shakur with a T :D

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Now that MS has (semi) officially killed McLaren ...

don't know what (hi end) phones are in the pipeline. The Lumia 1525 is an unsubstantiated rumor (my previous reference to vaporware).

It appears you should pull the trigger on the Lumia 1520 ... or WAIT for MS to announce their future direction.

I'm getting a bad feeling about the future of WinPhone !

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Now that MS has (semi) officially killed McLaren ...

don't know what (hi end) phones are in the pipeline. The Lumia 1525 is an unsubstantiated rumor (my previous reference to vaporware).

It appears you should pull the trigger on the Lumia 1520 ... or WAIT for MS to announce their future direction.

I'm getting a bad feeling about the future of WinPhone !

Now Microsoft has killed McLaren, the L1525 has become more of a reality. Previously I might have doubted the release of another high end phablet anytime soon, as it might have interfered with the sale of the McLaren.
Also, there was a rumor that it might contain 3D touch (which I dont care about). But if it was to contain 3D touch, it would have had to been release after the McLaren which was to be their 3D touch debut in November.

Anyway, I think this means Microsoft can focus on a new device soon (hopefully the L1520).
For two reasons:
Firstly a lot of costumers are disappointed with the dissolving of the McLaren, they need to do something to appease the customers.

Secondly, with the possible release of the iPhablet and the Note 4, Microsoft would quickly loose their reputation in the Phablet world f there isnt an upgrade phablet in Q4.

But I also agree with your last statement, I'm also bothered about the future of WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)