Should i get the 1520 or wait for new phones?

Milan Bassi

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I was wondering with all these new phones being rumored, is it still worth me getting this phone now? Would it still be in service come 2 years from now? I love the phone to bits but i dont know, if the 1525 will be much better?

Thanks in advance,
Milan

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well, do know there will always be rumors of something new regardless.

The 1520 is a solid, powerful device, about as powerful as you can get. If you'll be happy with what it is regardless of what comes out after, sure, if you want to wait, that's fine too. As we get closer to the rumored new flagships, waiting becomes more recommended just to see what happens.

At most, the 1525 is bound to be something like the 920/925, or at the least, something like the 520/521.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's a guessing game - if you wait, you'll always be wondering what's right around the corner.

If the phone works for you, get it, it's currently a flagship device.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Last I heard the release date was September and it would be the same size as the 1520 with a 2k display.
WP is fast anyway, so if you like the 1520 I say go for it. The new phone will probably cost you $750 and you can get the 1520.3 on Newegg for $575 or $550 if you find a coupon. Most apps don't even take advantage of what the 1520 has to offer so no way will there be apps supporting 2k other than what Microsoft bundles with the phone.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I was wondering with all these new phones being rumored, is it still worth me getting this phone now? Would it still be in service come 2 years from now? I love the phone to bits but i dont know, if the 1525 will be much better?

Thanks in advance,
Milan

Man that's a tuff one.....let me say what my gut is telling me...wait.

Until I know what Microsoft is planning,I won't suggest getting one or upgrading yet.

If you got to get one..then do what your gut is telling you.

I will say this, the 1520 right now is a good phone,and come Septemberish new ones are rumored to be coming out means they will be cheaper...but that can change at a moments notice too.

If you do opt to get one now,and if you want 8.1 now..go ahead and load it,and as soon as everything is done...loaded and all apps photos and such is backed up...do a hard reset on it..load it all again and use it like that..

You'll save yourself a lot of frustration in the long run.

th3tru3tsa

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you. I have two lines and the upgrades on them stagger. I have too many Android phones, won't touch iOS, but I wanted to get another Windows phone. Last one I had was the Blackjack, back in 2007? I've been lurking for a while, and since I am on AT&T, I decided I would just go for it, even if I didn't like the phone right away I would wait it out, because sooner or later it'll grow on you.

On Android I became a big flash-o-holic, but I guess it's just boredom that lead me to flash a new driver everyday - I wanted to get rid of that.

I bought the 1520 Thursday night, right when I got home I installed DP 8.1, and started to fall in love with the phone and OS. Initially, I wanted to wait for the green one to come out, but eh, I CBF waiting. Glad I didn't, the red is a nice change after having nothing but black phones.

There are only three things that bug me, though they bug me, they still in no way make me want to return the phone. The reasons are the hard drive size without a MicroSD (still waiting for mine to arrive), and the size of the phone. I don't have small hands, but I still think that it's big. Finally, The shutter speed is so damn slow.

I would get it, well I did get it, but I think you should. The longer you wait, the longer you might as well wait for a new phone to be released. Just my 2 cents and I hope it helps you. The phone is a beast.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance,
Milan

You should wait for the new phone. And when that phone is released, wait for the next rumored phone and you just keep on waiting ok

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
^^So much truth to this. You can literally wait forever trying to get the latest and greatest as there is always something later and greater around the corner or "soon to be released". However, I've found out that if you want to wait, you may end up waiting much longer. Remember when Verizon was suppose to get a WP8? Took forever and I got tired of waiting to upgrade my Trophy so I jumped ship to ATT for the 920.

Same thing here, unless you need bleeding edge technology, the 1520 is still a flagship. Either enjoy the 1520 now, or keep waiting forever. Remember, just because the 1525 may be announced at the end of the month, does not mean it will be available right then.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Contrary to what everyone is saying, I beg to differ for a few reasons.
The 1525 is bound to be unveiled soon, I would say, wait for a bit, probably a month, and see if this rumor turns out to be any factual.
The 1520 is almost a year old, this means you have held out for almost a year without it. Except any further wait has an immediate effect, I don't see why you cant wait an extra months for verification.

Also, when a new follow-up phone is released (even more with Nokia), the prices of the previous generation reduces considerably.
Why buy a phone of about $600 now (price in my country) when in a few weeks the price would most likely be considerably less?

If L1525 was a far rumor like it was in January when @netLeaks revealed it would be released 7 months later, and the L1520 was still considerably a new phone, then I would it isn't worth the wait.
But rumors makes it seem like this phone would be out soon. We don't fully know the specs yet, but I would say, wait till atleast a few more specs have been confirmed and then you can decide if its worth it.

I'm in the same boat as you due to the fact my local stores haven't had the L1520 for the past 2 months. But if I have waited all this time for the L1520 I think I might aswell just go with the next model if the features are worth the price.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i was about to buy the lumia 1520 .. but many user from my country is still facing the phantom bug ...(sensititive touch issue )

so i am not going to buy a phone with a bug ... touch screen bug on a touch screen phone .!!!!

i think i am going to wait untill 15 aug. and see lumia 1525 is launched or not .!!!!!!

if not .. i will buy a android again !!!! ...
and many people are saying nokia is going to fix the touch issue in cyan update ... but trust me they are not going to ... its just expectations of some people . there is no official accouncement from them .!!!!

if you have a issue ... they address it and let people know they are going to fix the bug .. but no words from nokia on this .!!

so i say wait .. and see what happens ..!!! either wait for new lumia 1525 ... or wait untill the cyan and see if it fixes the issue ... this is what i am going to do .. :)

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It's a closed loop question. When 1525 is out, you can still ask the same question. Get 1525 or wait? in the mean time, you are missing a lot.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It's a closed loop question. When 1525 is out, you can still ask the same question. Get 1525 or wait? in the mean time, you are missing a lot.

Not necessarily. L1520 is almost a year old and L1525 might be out in a few months.
The value of L1520 will depreciate with the release of L1525.
So its still economically wiser to wait. (If you waited a year already, few months wont kill you).

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 1520 for 6 months now......its by far the best phone I've ever owned. The hardware is so up-to-date it'll still be hugely relevant and capable of software improvements and updates for a couple of years at least. Its an awesome phone. You won't be disappointed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion