Confused about ROM

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Loving the 1520 but having issues with camera so waiting for update to Lumia cyan which is due within next two weeks so I'm told 😣.

Just confused on what ROM the phone should be,
It says manufacturer name: RM 937_eu_euro1_231

My keyboard default in internet explorer is .com and not .co.uk although long pressing does give .co.uk as an option. I remember
.co.uk used to be the default now its changed to .com can anyone explain this? And how to solve possibly

Insider still shows just 1GB of ram, which is odd.
I am using Lumia 1520.1 with windows phone 8.1 developer preview

Also under network+ does anyone have the an option such as optimised for Turkish under character settings?

Many thanks

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you change your region to US to get Cortana? If so, that might explain why you'd get the .com key (since that's the standard top-level domain for businesses in the US).

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am in the UK (bought my phone at carphonewarehouse).

My rom name is RM-937_eu_euro1_231

I've always had ".com" as my default tld on the keyboard. It's never bothered me as most websites are .com. (I don't have Cortana enabled on my phone).

I also have an option for "optimised for Turkish" under my SMS character set setting.

There are some system information apps that are stuck in the olden days and report back duff information - try one that's been updated for Windows Phone 8.1 - "System Information Monitor" is a decent one.

Looks like your phone is entirely normal for the UK.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I purchased it from Amazon UK and I have uk regional settings, its a bit odd that all of a sudden it went to .com I don't know why. Also I'll try system information monitor and report back,

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right that shows 2GB of RAM but only 780MB is available for apps, what happens to the rest of the RAM?

That setting is misleading somewhat. Apps aren't allowed to see the memory usage of other apps so I'm not sure where the 780Mb comes from (mine is the same).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos