See apps on SD card

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Been searching around but I cant see to find a similar thread. I've installed apps on my SD card but when i took the SD card out and open it directly in windows explorer, I cant seem to find any apps in there. Any ideas? I've also turned on my view hidden files in folder option as well.

Edit: I am WP8.1 Dev Preview

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
But why do you want to view them. Not sure but apps are encrypted ?

For fun I guess but mostly I would like to mass delete them without formatting the SD card, especially when you have tonnes of other stuff in the SD card and you just dont want to go through the hassle of putting it back into the phone and delete the apps one by one. This scenario will cater when you want to use the SD card for something else

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If you want to delete your apps on sd card you can do it in your phone. Insert your card and go to storage view -> select SD card -> apps & games and select which you want to remove or just remove them all at once.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
you can see the hidden files created by you phone on the sd card from a computer by going in to the PC's explorer options and un-check "hide protected operating system files" under the "view" tab. after that you'll see 2 hidden folders named "system volume information" and "WPSystem". the latter one has all WP stuff in it. apps should be stored in the "package" folder inside WPSystem.

not sure if the files will shows up if you read the sd card through phone but I've tried and it works atleast when you read the card through a card reader on your PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium