I was contemplating to trade in my Lumia 1520 with the new Lumia 930. Main reasons for thinking so is because I thought I wanted a smaller sized phone for my work related stuff. Lumia 930 fits the bill since the specs are the same and I only lose the external memory card option. But that's ok since I have OneDrive to store most of my documents and honestly, I still have 15GB on my phone memory free.

So, the Lumia 930 in my hand has better grip. Colors were really nice because it is using the AMOLED display. I also liked the back cover color options, mainly the Green one. However, after 30minutes on the demo set, I decided not to get it fo a few reasons.

The first was heat. The aluminum frame really heats up and your hand can really feel the temps shooting up. I am probably used to polycarbonate monoblock Lumias up to now and they never really heat up like that.

Second reason was the size of the display. I really can't go back to a smaller screen. The 1520 has spoilt me. Everything seems so miniaturized. Typing was affected as well since I'm already used to the spacing on the 1520. The 930 actually makes me feel like I'm holding a 1020, which I still use as a personal phone.

For this two main reasons, I have decided to keep my Lumia 1520. At least I got the urge off my chest and I can patiently wait for Cyan to arrive.
    Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    abuhurairah13 likes this.
    07-12-2014 06:05 AM
    Can u live without the glance?is double tap to wake present in 930? And i cant live without a memory card...and how is the battery life compared to 1520?
    Seriously i don't know if the next gen phones from Microsoft will make me upgrade from my 1520?
    07-12-2014 06:13 AM
    Can u live without the glance?is double tap to wake present in 930? And i cant live without a memory card...and how is the battery life compared to 1520?
    Seriously i don't know if the next gen phones from Microsoft will make me upgrade from my 1520?

As I mentioned in my post, I didn't go with the Lumia 930 so I wouldn't know about battery life. As for glance, it's not available on 930. Double tap to wake is.

All in all, I still think 1520 is solid. And I'm loving mine all over again.
    07-12-2014 07:12 AM
    Totally agree with the heat. I have this HTC M7 and whenever I play games on it, the metal back will make the phone hard to hold due to the heat. Even doing simple stuffs like streaming youtube videos will get the phone quite warm. Metal bodies are nice to look and hold. But it is definitely not nice to to feel upon using the phone for a long time.
    07-12-2014 07:36 AM
    Totally agree with the heat. I have this HTC M7 and whenever I play games on it, the metal back will make the phone hard to hold due to the heat. Even doing simple stuffs like streaming youtube videos will get the phone quite warm. Metal bodies are nice to look and hold. But it is definitely not nice to to feel upon using the phone for a long time.

Yeah, I switch from M7 to Lumia 1020 last year. It was really hot and I didn't miss it after I've used something like a monoblock polycarbonate body Lumia.
    07-12-2014 08:16 AM
    The camera bump in 1020 does get hot in intense use 😊 tho it is only part which is affected.
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    07-15-2014 10:53 AM