09-02-2014 11:43 PM
30 12
tools
    So today I finaly got my white lumia 1520, international unlocked model.. And guess what? The screen is the same as that in the video, shows ripples around camera area... Got it to exchange for new one and the other also shows artifacts when pressed with normal amount of force like when you tap something. They got one more left, it was black- the same issue. I'm starting to loose hope in nokia.. Such a great device, but the quality check is subpar
    07-29-2014 08:20 AM
    The scree on the Lumia 1520 is very scratch prone as well as the camera lens, get case to protect the camera lens and a screen protector, even taking the phone out of your pocket will scratch the screen. I'm very anal about scratches and I tend to look for them. And my 1520 has a lot of small scratches that you can only see at the right angle and in certain light conditions. but they are there. My S5, Note 3 and M8 do not have this issue with the glass. Luckily, the display started to show some burn marks so AT&T is sending me a replacement at no cost under warranty, so this time the first thing I'll do is to put a screen protector and a case.
    07-29-2014 11:16 AM
    This phone (1520) has the most fragile screen of any phone I've ever owned (4s, 5, 5s, BB, S3). Pampered this phone from day 1 and it still got scratches on the screen. Bought a hybrid case to elevate the front and back glass surfaces from the desk tops and am waiting for the screen protector to come in. Using a 920 now until the screen protector comes in to prevent further damage. If you get one, get it protected before even turning it on.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_netherlands_315 using Tapatalk
    So true. I got my 1520 back from Palco after getting the screen replaced and carefully put it in my rear pocket to run errands (ordered a case off eBay but hadn't received yet). Made absolutely sure no car keys or anything else was ever in my pocket with the phone. Later that afternoon I got the case in the mail, went to put it on and noticed a couple tiny scratches on the screen that definitely weren't there when I took the protector off from Palco earlier that day. This screen is the most sensitive and un-durable I've ever had in a phone.
    08-07-2014 08:31 AM
    First, sorry for my English.

I feel very fortunate to have a Lumia without major errors. Just any "scroll/tap" issue, and the screen does not distort when pressed, this only occurs at a specific point on the screen, i think that is normal.

I've had a Lumia 800, a terminal full of errors. Manufacturing errors that made me lose faith in Nokia.

And now, a model, the 1520, with very grave errors will not be corrected by nokia, because they are design errors... Design errors affecting an incredibly high percentage of users.

As I said earlier, I consider myself fortunate to have "only" the scroll&tap issue, casually. But it's frustrating because I've never, never had a phone with this problem.

... and I'm on the "Lucky side"...

Sorry, but I have to be realistic. Nokia & Microsoft have lost the ability to create quality terminals. The Lumia brand, always, always fails at something. My next phone will not be Nokia, sure.
    09-02-2014 07:19 PM
    I have been using it for a little over 3 months. My phone is without any case/screen guard. Most solid build quality I have seen. You just need to clean it regularly. No scratches on camera lens. Lumias are known for their build quality. Get it and you'll never regret it.
    I love my 1520 ;)
    09-02-2014 11:43 PM
30 12