Was over at Reddit and a person said the 1520 touch screen problem is hardware related not software. I am waiting for cyan but I am starting to worry that it is hardware related. Can anyone else confirm?

Reddit Link:

Quote on Hardware:
    "This is not a software defect, it is hardware. Go to where you purchased it and replace it.

I went to a microsoft store and explained the exact same issue to them on my 1520, the technician there explained to me that if the rubbery-like area around the phone screen gets damaged it throws the whole touch screen off. I don't remember all the minor details he explained, all I know is that mine has a minor chip in the bottom area of the screen near the charger. He said I might have missed a few times putting in my charger (even though i didn't) but I only had the phone for like a month so they replaced the phone without any issue. I reinstalled 8.1 and I haven't had the problem ever since."
    07-13-2014 08:13 AM
    I've told my story on this over in the 1520 bugs/defect conversation. Here I'll mention that the problem went away after a factory reset, but returned the morning after a 28 app update from the Windows Store (which came 24 hours after my factory reset). I have a warranty replacement phone coming from AT&T as tend to feel this is hardware related. I'll report on things after I get the replacement phone next week, over in the 1520 bugs/defect conversation.
    07-18-2014 08:50 PM
    It's software. The chip you mentioned is a microphone port.
    07-18-2014 09:08 PM
    I like to keep things minimal so I never discovered any of the sensitivity issues like others had. I was having some other issues, but after updating to 8.1 and performing a hard reset they all seemed to clear right up. I do feel most of everything is software issues and the one problem I did have was the random reboots. After the update and hard reset I've only seen it do it once in the past two months. I guess another issue would be the screen not going into sleep mode when I put it into my pocket after using it, but it rarely happens so its whatever. I usually catch it after 5 minutes anyways. I'm tired of waiting for CYAN and seeing other post about it just being for the camera I might do a hard reset tomorrow just for the hell of it.

Like I said OP, try a hard reset and make all your settings to minimal. Try it out and see if problems exists still, if not slowly weed things back on to your phone and see where the problem persists.
    07-19-2014 12:58 AM