I have weird issue with the phone. If i hold the phone from all corners and apply a little pressure the phone becomes unresponsive and different pages pop up mostly that bing search page. Then i have to lock and unlock the device with the help of power button to make it work again. This usually happens when in lanscape mode but also happens sometimes when i hold it vertically if apply pressure on both the sides usually near the camera button. Is anyone else facing this issue?
    07-14-2014 03:58 AM
    I've never experienced that but if you hold it with your pinkie finger too close to the camera button or too close to the search button you're liable to activate Bing search or with 8.1, cortana
    greythorne likes this.
    07-14-2014 06:31 AM
    My 1520 just started doing this today also. But I don't recall an update in the past 24 hours.
    07-14-2014 03:53 PM
    I have the same problems since a couple of months ago. I think there are big issues when applying pressure on the phone, and I am very disappointed because I always trusted Nokia hardware for its resistance.
    07-14-2014 06:36 PM
    Been happening to my phone also, I always thought it was because of the windows phone 8.1 update/bugs.
    07-14-2014 10:41 PM
    I think it usually happens to those who have covers on their phones but i am not sure. Sometimes u dont even need to press hard it can happen while just taking a photo. I first thought that it was a software issue but its definitely a hardware issue. I am not sure if its covered in warranty or not.
    07-15-2014 03:30 AM
    It turns out, my case was responsible for my weird screen issue.

I used to use the Yesoo case for the 1520 and the screen issue occurred periodically, especially in landscape mode while I read lying down.
    Amazon.com: YESOO? Sexy Ultra Slim Fit Frosted Case Anti-Scratch Matte Premium Cover Nokia Lumia 1520 (Lumia 1520, Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought a tempered glass screen protector but it didn't cover the entire screen so I bought the following case.
    Amazon.com: MOfi brand Flip Leather Case Slim Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

This case is super tight and removing the phone is a hassle. Once i had my phone in this case, the weird screen issue was multiplied 10 times.
    It happened in portrait mode, landscape mode, standing, sitting, laying down. Didn't matter, the problem was really bad, sometimes the screen wouldn't register my touch even right after unlocking the phone. Sometimes i would have to lock/unlock multiple times. So i trashed the case and bought the nokia cp -623 and haven't had this problem since.

I think Nokia knew about this, that's why the phone only secures/ "clicks" at the corners of this case and not the top/bottom or sides. I think when pressure is applied to the top/bottom and sides is what causes these screen issues.
    11-06-2014 11:32 PM
    It turns out, my case was responsible for my weird screen issue.

I used to use the Yesoo case for the 1520 and the screen issue occurred periodically, especially in landscape mode while I read lying down.
    Amazon.com: YESOO? Sexy Ultra Slim Fit Frosted Case Anti-Scratch Matte Premium Cover Nokia Lumia 1520 (Lumia 1520, Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought a tempered glass screen protector but it didn't cover the entire screen so I bought the following case.
    Amazon.com: MOfi brand Flip Leather Case Slim Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

This case is super tight and removing the phone is a hassle. Once i had my phone in this case, the weird screen issue was multiplied 10 times.
    It happened in portrait mode, landscape mode, standing, sitting, laying down. Didn't matter, the problem was really bad, sometimes the screen wouldn't register my touch even right after unlocking the phone. Sometimes i would have to lock/unlock multiple times. So i trashed the case and bought the nokia cp -623 and haven't had this problem since.

I think Nokia knew about this, that's why the phone only secures/ "clicks" at the corners of this case and not the top/bottom or sides. I think when pressure is applied to the top/bottom and sides is what causes these screen issues.
    Is this a hard case or a Gel/TPU case? it doesn't say in the description.
    11-10-2014 10:46 AM
    The Yesoo and Mofi were both hard case.
    11-13-2014 11:09 PM
    I am using both imak and mofi hard cases. So far no issues.
    11-14-2014 04:28 AM