I was wondering ,is anyone else having overheating issues on a 1520 with the do ?

I've tried all the tips and tricks I can find and have hard and soft reset several times to no avail, and I get massive battery drain with the overheating each time I use IE.........

Is anyone else having this?

Thanks

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-14-2014 10:25 AM
    Nope. Cool as a cucumber here.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-14-2014 10:28 AM
    Do you have the latest build of Windows Phone 8.1?

I had heating and battery drain issue 8.10.12382.878, but after I updated to 8.10.12397.895, I no longer have the issue.
    07-14-2014 02:31 PM
    Yup..sure do,

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-14-2014 02:57 PM
    I got heating issue with Ie but with 1020..
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    07-15-2014 10:29 AM
    During school on the bus (using cellular) I found browsing the web to heat up my 920 quite a bit. Battery wasnt so hot either.

I just try to keep IE usage less than intense.
    th34monk3ys likes this.
    07-15-2014 09:31 PM
    Have been wondering is the reason for it the screen type we have in our phones?or cellular toggle?
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    07-16-2014 12:09 AM
    I've had a spontaneous reboot whilst watching a Youtube vid on IE11, but not sure if that was due to overheating or not as it was in a case at the time and I couldn't feel how hot it was.
    07-16-2014 07:26 AM
    Like I said,I have tried everything that I know to do. It's not as bad with 8.0 but still happens. I'm back to 8.0 again via the Nokia care suite and it has happened about 5 times and happening again as I type this.

I've talked to ATT and the folks at Microsoft store and it seems any form of IE just doesn't play well with the 1520 .

If Microsoft would allow removing it completely,and allow other non-IE based browsers that would take care of this,but I don't think that is going to happen
    07-16-2014 10:10 AM
    If you have window phone 8.1 developer preview, then please read the following:

Look at a computer, it would have an operating system which handles the users tasks and hardware. So for example, you have Windows 8 PC, you feel like you need to add in a new graphics card and you do so what happens is you'd run an installation disk or use and download an application to install the graphics card to run optimally with the Windows 8 PC. If you didn't, then the device manager would state generic graphics driver.

This I the issue with WP DP 8.1 without cyan, you have out-dated drivers for the OS which causes it to not handle hardware properly. My Lumia 1520 heats up using IE, I shall assume that rather using one core of the CPU, the OS just treats it as a generic CPU, so it keeps the 4 cores running. Just await the Cyan update hopefully all these minor heating and graphical bugs will be kinked out.

Hope that makes sense!
    07-16-2014 07:30 PM
    Thanks, I knew about the 8.1 issues already, but the problem is the phone itself.

This one is going back unfortunately. I have other issues as well that neither AT&T nor the fine folks at the Microsoft Store cannot correct.

They and I have come to the conclusion that with all of the issues that I have been dealing with the phone and my account that the best solution is to get me into a different phone completely. It has all of them stumped.

So... It's time to move on to a different phone

Thanks for your help..
    07-17-2014 02:08 PM
    Thanks, I knew about the 8.1 issues already, but the problem is the phone itself.

This one is going back unfortunately. I have other issues as well that neither AT&T nor the fine folks at the Microsoft Store cannot correct.

They and I have come to the conclusion that with all of the issues that I have been dealing with the phone and my account that the best solution is to get me into a different phone completely. It has all of them stumped.

So... It's time to move on to a different phone

Thanks for your help..
    Best of luck!
    07-17-2014 07:31 PM