How's your 1520 experience?

GadgetFiend

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, great forum.

I'm very close to picking the 1520 as my first Windows phone. What have your experiences been with the device? Please list your pro's and cons and expand on them if you can. My most recent phone family members: Iphone 3G, Iphone 4, Samsung Note 1, HTC one (M7-Current). I've watched and read many of the professional reviews but what to hear from the "street" on how the 1520 experience has been. Also, should I wait for the 1525? I'm looking to buy the 1520.3.

A little bit about why I'm looking to purchase:
Why am I looking into the Windows Phone platform and concerns?(not in any order)
1. Nokia Hardware appears well made and nice quality
2. I'm a gadget nut, and want to experience the WP ecosystem and user experience
3. having a 7 and 2 and half year olds I'm getting more sensitive to good quality photo/video experiences for memories. (with a ready mobile device v/s camera)
4. Outdoor viewing seems to get great marks.
5. Concern- App availability. I've already checked that some of my key ones are not available, but I can still use those on other devices(android/ipad)
6. Concern-home/start screen customization. I'm becoming spoiled with android after very minimal customization on IOS. From what I can tell, WP is in the middle (which is probably ok)
7. Port IOS and Android music to WP. How easy/hard is this?
8. Should I wait for 1525? Even if I don't get the 1525 should I wait for announce to see if the price drops on 1520.3?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely might want to see price drops on 1520.3 before jumping in. Or try your hand at any older 9xx device to see if WP is really for you before getting ready to plunk down some hard earned cash:)

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Definitely go for it. I switched to 1520 from a Note 2 a few months ago and no regrets. It got even better when I upgraded to 8.1 DP.

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Highly recommend! Been a proud Windows Phone user since its birth and imo it's the best there's ever been. The screen is breathtaking and the size m makes viewing pictures, videos and webpages and playing games really enjoyable - as users are increasingly using their phones for these things, the 1520's hardware is ideal for it. Also perfect for work with built in Office - I use PowerPoint a lot and it shows up really well on the 1520.
It is pricey but if you can afford it I say you need look no further!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss