Nice looking phone but...

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So far I have to wonder if it's worth it.

It will not allow internet sharing out of the box (even if I manually set the APN settings). By the way I pay for it and can't use it with this phone.
And it wont power down. It keeps restarting. Talk about being deflated after coming back to WP after being gone for a year.

Oh I have the 1520.3, so I have LTE but can't share the connection with my S2. Probably have to send it back and go back to my 920 with a broken camera or just go back to droid until Tmob gets a new Flag Ship WP.

Update 7/15
I bit the bullet and installed DP 8.1 and she's purring like a kitten 🐱
Internet Sharing is working just fine.

Mod you can close the thread now.

Last edited:

Mario Flamenco

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You may have a defective device, I have the 1520.1 and I'm able to use internet sharing and when I power off my phone it really does it, have you tried a soft or rested of the device? if that doesn't work you should check if you can change it for a new one from where you got it.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had to unplug it from the charger to get it to power off and stay off, but somehow that just seems wrong. As soon as I put I back on the charge it comes back on. :)

I've reset the phone like 5 times since getting it today and I just can't get the internet sharing to work. Tmobile said it was because I have a "non supported phone", standard line.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had to unplug it from the charger to get it to power off and stay off, but somehow that just seems wrong. As soon as I put I back on the charge it comes back on. :)

I've reset the phone like 5 times since getting it today and I just can't get the internet sharing to work. Tmobile said it was because I have a "non supported phone", standard line.
It will always power on when connected to the charger. WP8.1 Preview allows one to use Quiet Hours to disable alerts while it is charging, and that feature will be present in the official WP8.1 release.

I have my Quiet Hours set up so that I get no alerts except for phone calls/SMS from specific family members in my Inner Circle.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the phone came with the AP app and I updated it and still no go.
I did put the sim back in my old 920 and the ISharing worked just fine, so its just the phone.

I'm really surprised that I appear to be the only person who has this phone on Tmobile who cant use ISharing.

Ryan Schouten

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the phone came with the AP app and I updated it and still no go.
I did put the sim back in my old 920 and the ISharing worked just fine, so its just the phone.

I'm really surprised that I appear to be the only person who has this phone on Tmobile who cant use ISharing.

I had the same issue then I followed the instructions on this forum about using a foreign sim card and that solved my problem. I have been able to use Internet Sharing without a problem since then. I have posted on that post so if you look at my post history it should make it easier to find.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire