Using a 1520 without a screen protector?

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has used their 1520 without a screen protector for an extended period of time. I'm considering not using screen protectors since they keep getting scratched easily.

How does the 1520 hold up long term without a screen protector? Especially considering that it comes with Gorilla Glass 2 rather than 3...

P.S. Have used it for 2 weeks now, looks clear for now.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fine. Just about perfect. Never had one. But if you usually have a problem with protectors getting scratched, get one.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been using my 1520 without screen protector for months and I have not a single noticeable scratch. Only one or two almost invisible lightly scratches that have not idea how was made but it is difficult to see it.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was a bit paranoid after my 920 got scratched pretty bad by God knows what couple of weeks after owning it. Then had a 925 for 8 months and no scratch...have been using the 1520.

Don't know why the 925 was so much more durable than the 920 even though they both share the same protection...hoping 1520 is as durable as the 925.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Had it since December sans screen protected and it's pristine. I generally throw the phone into a bag with my surface pro, notebook and fountain pens. I've got some deep gloves on the body of the device - my lamy 2000 fountain pen was the culprit! It must have been a one time thing as the screen is perfect! But a think wallet style case of you're really worried! Good luck!!!!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is better to have one than crying over spilled milk when the screen got scratched. The screen is scratch resistance, not scratch proof.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not used a screen protector for the past 10 years or so and never had any major problems. I figure that anything that's hard enough to scratch a screen will slice through a thin piece of plastic without even pausing.

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector on a glass screen since a couple of months into using my first glass screened phone, an HD2 years ago. That was used daily for 4 years, then I had a Titan, both had 'standard' non hardened glass screens, and both are still fine. No case or cover on the 1520 and even the plastic body is still fine.
If you don't throw it into pockets or bags with any hardened metals, ceramics, stones, etc why would you need it?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 822 from the day it came out, over a year and a half, besides the cheap silicone case from the Verizon store nothing else and the screen is as good as new.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
no protection for mine other than keeping it in a belkin folio.
finger prints, no scratches. keep a micro-fiber cloth
handy. wipe down every few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans