Network reception issues

Jeff123816

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I?ve been using a Lumia 1520 (RM-937) on T-Mobile for over a month without a hitch. The phone doesn?t get US LTE bands but was working great on HSPA+ at home and at work up until today. Normally at work and at home, I have five full bars of HSPA+ access. Out of nowhere today, my network reception is suddenly all over the place but usually either on Edge with maybe one bar of reception, or totally without network access. For instance, I?ll wake up the phone and try to load a webpage it will fail, saying ?no network access.? I?ll try it again and suddenly, the phone will jump to five bars of HSPA+ and load the website with no problems. I?ll use it for a few seconds and then the signal will drop to one bar or will completely disappear. It just goes in and out randomly.

This never has happened before but I?m now missing voice calls and text messages because of it. I?m running WP 8.10.12397.895 on developer?s preview and have been for over a month. I haven?t changed a thing since the problem started. Any idea what I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937) on T-Mobile. I wish I had a solution to your problem, but I don't. However, I'm confused. I can't get nothing but Edge, yet you said you get HSPA+. How is this possible?

My wife has a Nokia Lumia 521 and gets 4G. It's kind of embarrassing to have a high-end phone when the low-end phone has a much faster connection.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been using a Lumia 1520 (RM-937) on T-Mobile for over a month without a hitch. The phone doesn’t get US LTE bands but was working great on HSPA+ at home and at work up until today. Normally at work and at home, I have five full bars of HSPA+ access. Out of nowhere today, my network reception is suddenly all over the place but usually either on Edge with maybe one bar of reception, or totally without network access. For instance, I’ll wake up the phone and try to load a webpage it will fail, saying “no network access.” I’ll try it again and suddenly, the phone will jump to five bars of HSPA+ and load the website with no problems. I’ll use it for a few seconds and then the signal will drop to one bar or will completely disappear. It just goes in and out randomly.

This never has happened before but I’m now missing voice calls and text messages because of it. I’m running WP 8.10.12397.895 on developer’s preview and have been for over a month. I haven’t changed a thing since the problem started. Any idea what I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

Are you in the DC area by any chance? I had a very similar problem a week or two ago. Except I have a Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) and instead of getting LTE at home and around town like I usually do, it was dropping to H, sometimes H+. Not really Edge so much, but that would happen briefly as well. I'd restart the phone and it would only stay on LTE for a few seconds and go back to H or H+.

I called T-Mobile to report the problem. Of course they assume their customers are dumb and blamed the phone/tried to walk me through changing my settings. After a while they realized it may be a tower in the area, or a network issue in general. They said they'd send someone to the nearest tower by my home in a few days to see if that's the problem, and then thanked me for reporting the issue because "it's the only way they'd know something is wrong with one of their towers."

Anywho, two days later I noticed things were back to normal... I'm on the LTE network and staying there. I didn't change any of the phone's settings, which tells me the problem was more than likely on T-Mobile's side. I'd recommend calling T-Mobile and telling them all the details.

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
T-mo in most cases suck. Here in Queens, NYC, I usually jump between h and h+ for no reason. No consistent signal except in most parts of Manhattan. I have never gone down to edge but even with some bars of h, I was not able to access data sometimes.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm returning my 1520 and going back to my *GASP* Dell Venue Pro. I'm hoping that the rumor becomes fact and the 1525 comes to T-Mobile within the next two months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos