I REALLY WANT a 1520...but Should I wait for the 1525?

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello All!

I really want a L1520, and its one I always play with at the Microsoft Store or AT&T whenever I happen to go there...But I always stop myself and think of the L1525...which is supposed to be released soon and will be a faster 1520 with (hopefully) none of the small issues 1520's have on the rare occasion...been looking for reasons to wait or to get it and really I am still at a loss on what to do...

Can you guys help? I currently have a 1020 which I LOVE but also I really enjoy the 1520! Should I wait? :sweaty:

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Overall I'm satisfied with my 1520. The phone is quite fast compared to my old 920 so I wouldn't consider a slight increase in speed to be good enough reason to wait for the rumored 1525. However, it is expected that these small issues you are referring to will be resolved with the Cyan update. My suggestion would be to wait for the Cyan update and confirm with those of us on this forum who have 1520s that the problems have been resolved. In the meantime, if the 1525 is announced and you are willing to wait for the specified timeframe, you might decide to do that, but keep in mind that the 1525 might bring new issues to fixed that are not present in the 1520.
The only other thing is if you use wireless charging, there is a glitch that when using the PMA cover on some 1520s, the phone does not always recognize when it is removed from the charger. I am hoping a firmware update will resolve this issue and it's also possible that the 1525 could have built in PMA charging though that is not guaranteed.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
All in all there really isn't a phone that the 1520 cant stand toe to toe with. Even if and when the 1525 comes out the 1520 will still be comparable. From display to camera to processor to battery to SD slot, there isn't another WP that across the board is better and even the Note 3 and S5 aren't clear winners. I think you'd find you made the right choice.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just get the 1520....after all.....the 1525 might not actually exist. Look what happened to the "maclaren" phone..that was a rumor..now pulled. If you wait then someone will say..dont get the 1525...wait for the 1530....you will never end up getting a phone...trust me...the 1520 is great. I love it

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade due with ATT.
I think I shall wait it out for the 1525 release.
Hope its as good as promised!

I have decided to do the same! Since we really do not know the specs of the 1525. We have heard a lot of different things and nothing 100% official. I can definitely wait :)

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Overall I'm satisfied with my 1520. The phone is quite fast compared to my old 920 so I wouldn't consider a slight increase in speed to be good enough reason to wait for the rumored 1525. However, it is expected that these small issues you are referring to will be resolved with the Cyan update. My suggestion would be to wait for the Cyan update and confirm with those of us on this forum who have 1520s that the problems have been resolved. In the meantime, if the 1525 is announced and you are willing to wait for the specified timeframe, you might decide to do that, but keep in mind that the 1525 might bring new issues to fixed that are not present in the 1520.
The only other thing is if you use wireless charging, there is a glitch that when using the PMA cover on some 1520s, the phone does not always recognize when it is removed from the charger. I am hoping a firmware update will resolve this issue and it's also possible that the 1525 could have built in PMA charging though that is not guaranteed.

That's not a bad idea really. I currently have a Note 3 which I really do like a lot but something about WP8 really pulls at me. I only switched because I was just running into to many occasions where I couldn't get an app I wanted and trust me, I am not someone to insists on having a million apps, just the ones I need. I just discovered that Microsoft gave me a whopping 1TB of space on OneDrive just because I subscribe to Office 365 (that's 1TB for each of the 5 people allowed on your acct). How cool is that? I also love the Family Room. Great feature. I can actually get that on my Note 3 but it isn't quite the same experience (although close). Oh and as much as I love this Note3, I REALLY love Live Tiles. Have from the moment I seen them. If Cyan or the 1525 comes out in the next couple of months, I may have to jump on it. For the record - one of the posters is right about one thing. The Lumia camera's are the best out there. No exceptions. I had both the 920 and the 1020.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How long are you going to wait ?

The alleged Lumia 1525 is rumored, but not announced. If announced tomorrow, you may be able to get it in 6 - 8 weeks. By then, the Lumia 1530 will be a rumor (coming in Nov / Dec) & maybe you should just wait for that. (BTW - these are all fantasy for emphasis)

My Lumia 1520 will get me thru the next year (at least), what will the newer model have, that the L1520 doesn't ? I believe one of the rumors is 32Gb onboard, but NO SDcard ... (I've got 48Gb (~ 50% full), only because I chose a 32Gb card, I can go all the way to 144Gb)

... paralysis by analysis - SMH

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I think the key point is OP says he has a 1020 and loves it. That buys a bit of patience. I'm in the same boat because I'm perfectly happy with my 920. I would wait a short period of time to see if anything is announced on the 1525.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That's not a bad idea really. I currently have a Note 3 which I really do like a lot but something about WP8 really pulls at me. I only switched because I was just running into to many occasions where I couldn't get an app I wanted and trust me, I am not someone to insists on having a million apps, just the ones I need. I just discovered that Microsoft gave me a whopping 1TB of space on OneDrive just because I subscribe to Office 365 (that's 1TB for each of the 5 people allowed on your acct). How cool is that? I also love the Family Room. Great feature. I can actually get that on my Note 3 but it isn't quite the same experience (although close). Oh and as much as I love this Note3, I REALLY love Live Tiles. Have from the moment I seen them. If Cyan or the 1525 comes out in the next couple of months, I may have to jump on it. For the record - one of the posters is right about one thing. The Lumia camera's are the best out there. No exceptions. I had both the 920 and the 1020.
Cyan for the 1520 is rolling out today, hurry and jump to WP

Have faith in WP.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, i just bit the bullet and purchased a white Nokia 1520 RM 938 model. Can't wait to use it. I've been using a HTC One M8 as my primary phone and Android has been a pain to use honestly. Can't wait to get back to that smooth Windows Phone buttery goodness.

I'll likely use it as my weekend phone. But i do have a question for current users. Do you guys use your phone when running or working out? I use mine for that purpose and im a bit worried the phone may be to big. What say you?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think 1520 is a sound purchase.

With the snapdragon 800 and 2gb of ram the phone should stay relevant and receive updates within the next year or two.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, i just bit the bullet and purchased a white Nokia 1520 RM 938 model. Can't wait to use it. I've been using a HTC One M8 as my primary phone and Android has been a pain to use honestly. Can't wait to get back to that smooth Windows Phone buttery goodness.

I'll likely use it as my weekend phone. But i do have a question for current users. Do you guys use your phone when running or working out? I use mine for that purpose and im a bit worried the phone may be to big. What say you?
Too big for it. Much too big.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the 1520 is good for another 2-3 years.

FullHD Display
Snapdragon 800 Processor
3400 mAh battery
32GB of internal storage
MicroSD Card slot

It's a VERY outstanding phone. If you could wait, then go. If you can't, the 1520 is a great phone.

If I get a 1520, I say it'll be with me until it breaks. The specs are just great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise