Looks like Cyan for 1520 is available in UK??

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm removing my DP and installing from NSRT now. Reports of the tap sensitivity fix is a good update.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My tap sensitivity issue has not gone . It was/is better on the DP/Cyan update than on WP8 but not completely cured

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please with cyan firmware on Lumia 1520 comment about camera quality improvements for daylight and night time photos. Is it obvious improvement?

flirb

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed: Lumia Cyan is available for the unbranded Lumia 1520 UK country variant ("Carrier: CV GBIE" on the "about" screen) running Lumia Black (Windows Phone 8).

If you're running the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers, you won't see the update until you revert to stock Lumia Black using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fds_fire/1405/1213/7361995544/NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.2.1.exe

This applies only to the unbranded UK CV version of the handset. The update is not known to be available yet for mobile provider variants.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed here in the UK (CV phone). Downgraded to 8.0 (yuck) and immediately got the "pre-8.1) update - the retore didn't work at all, the last restore it found was one from about a year ago. Now downloading proper 8.1 and hoping it finds my previous backup.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed here in the UK (CV phone). Downgraded to 8.0 (yuck) and immediately got the "pre-8.1) update - the retore didn't work at all, the last restore it found was one from about a year ago. Now downloading proper 8.1 and hoping it finds my previous backup.

If it doesn't show your backups then do a hard reset after 8.1/Cyan is installed. After that you will see all the backups ever made for your phone. You can then choose which one you want....

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've got the CV GBIE variant with 8.1DP on it.

Just going to flash back to 8.0 and then hope I get the Cyan update offered. The Nokia Software Recovery Tool is just downloading the 8.0 files now. Will report back later.

Myggen82

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone with official one available try just opting out of dev preview instead of reverting? It says in the Preview for devs app when u uncheck the box official updates will be available again.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not... but if you want the official 8.1/Cyan release before the end of time, you should probably revert to WP8. The DP has been halted until further notice. Anyone's guess when that will be...

Yes. We don't know at this time how long the bitlocker issue will take to fix. The implication is that it's the Cyan firmware that's fighting with Microsoft's consumer build of WP8.1, so both Nokia (Cyan builders) and Microsoft have to collaborate and cross develop/test a fix and then have that fix tested and certified by the Nokia manufacturer team and then schedule release of the software.

This may not be entirely accurate, just on my assumptions.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone with official one available try just opting out of dev preview instead of reverting? It says in the Preview for devs app when u uncheck the box official updates will be available again.

This doesn't work. All it does is opt you out of future development only updates. It won't remove the developer preview version of the OS from your phone.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe not... but if you want the official 8.1/Cyan release before the end of time, you should probably revert to WP8. The DP has been halted until further notice. Anyone's guess when that will be...

Also if you are running an O2 branded firmware they have said you can't get the update notification unless you are running an O2 branded firmware of WP8. Normally I would go unbranded, was going to last week, but O2's extra features have won me over.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I tried it, but the point is that the OS is 8.1, so the updater assumes it is up to date. It sees no distinction between official and DP...

Once I reverted to WP8, the update was there immediately. It's a small price to pay for all this awesomeness!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb