Why wait is fruitful for cyan

adijosh2011

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Guys whoever is thinking about changing their region to India/finland for cyan should wait for official region update.

reasons:

Always good to understand region specific phone behavior to update yourself.

For sure there would be some glitches since they have status saying they are under testing.

Heard some phones are having battery drain problem.

Ofcourse if update isn't available and if you update changing your region Nokia care might refuse to keep you in warranty. Meaning warranty is void.

Beware Backup and then update.

Update: Credits: [ palmujukka]

Sorry, but you won't get the update by changing your region. The availability depends on the phone's ROM.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but you won't get the update by changing your region. The availability depends on the phone's ROM.

Flashing to another region's or carrier's ROM is possible, but I wouldn't do it unless you have a good guide (a la the Easily Flash your 920... thread) or know what you're doing.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the OTA Cyan update is dependent on the product code, not the region in the phone settings. That's why you can't get it just by changing the region.

I tried using Nokia Care Suite to see what firmware versions I get when I enter an Indian or Finish product code, but it seems the ROMs are not available there yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta