Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that many people do not return the phone because .. 8/10 back with the same defect. It is a very common hardware failure in almost all 1520.
Totally agree with you. The problem is (more or less) present on all 1520 devices. But most people not wanna send it for repair or exchange - maybe also because they not expect the issue to be fixed, even with a new device. Design flaw in my opinion.

D2G9

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree with you. The problem is (more or less) present on all 1520 devices. But most people not wanna send it for repair or exchange - maybe also because they not expect the issue to be fixed, even with a new device. Design flaw in my opinion.

Exactly. I haven't seen a single person who returned their 1520 say that the issue was resolved when they got it back.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I used to have this issue before. Very annoying. Though I can't say that it's 100% gone when I went to Cyan, the instances really decreased a lot, almost never. After updating to GDR1, it only happened once. I've been on GDR1 the minute it was released (yes, I was one of the people who maniacally checked for updates every few minutes to have it as soon as possible, lol).

stoickiwi

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue since I bought a 1520 on AT&T and then I got a 1520.3 with the same issue.
It seems to be worse on the 1520.3 and even worse after I did the Cyan update.
I know I doubt it will resolve anything, but I just sent it back to Nokia today for a replacement.
Hopefully I'll get lucky and the replacement will be phantom-touch-free.
Just got my phone back from Nokia. In their repair paperwork, they noted that there was a defect and had a specific defect number associated with it.
However, since I have the 1520.3, they refused to service the device. Even though their website said that my device was in Warranty in the US and the Nokia reps I worked with said to send it in. A little ticked off that they acknowledged the issue but refused to do anything about it. Now my screen is acting up more than even too.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Just got my phone back from Nokia. In their repair paperwork, they noted that there was a defect and had a specific defect number associated with it.
However, since I have the 1520.3, they refused to service the device. Even though their website said that my device was in Warranty in the US and the Nokia reps I worked with said to send it in. A little ticked off that they acknowledged the issue but refused to do anything about it. Now my screen is acting up more than even too.

Can you post the details of the defect number?

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
me here confirmed bending method resolve >90% of the issue

For me the "pre-order the iPhone 6 plus" method resolved 100% of the issue.

I say with a heavy heart goodbye to WP (my trusted 920 is going to be relegated to satnav-only duties). I really wanted to buy the 1520 and have patiently waited 10 months to see whether Microkia would eventually acknowledge this issue and do something about it so as to buy back in (my first 1520 was unusable due to this fault and I am not a fan of the handset lottery game).

Well, as we say in the UK, they are taking the mick and I have expressed myself with the only power I have: my wallet.

sklchan

May 29, 2014
Visit site
For me the "pre-order the iPhone 6 plus" method resolved 100% of the issue.

I say with a heavy heart goodbye to WP (my trusted 920 is going to be relegated to satnav-only duties). I really wanted to buy the 1520 and have patiently waited 10 months to see whether Microkia would eventually acknowledge this issue and do something about it so as to buy back in (my first 1520 was unusable due to this fault and I am not a fan of the handset lottery game).

Well, as we say in the UK, they are taking the mick and I have expressed myself with the only power I have: my wallet.

So you ready for a bending ip6p? Permanent damage is clearly no go for me thanks...

stoickiwi

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you post the details of the defect number?

According to the Delivery Note they enclosed in my box, the symptom/fault number was 4799 and the technician's disposition was "Defective".
Which, at least to me, indicates that there is a known issue from Nokia that can be repaired.

Hyperu71

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I hate to beat a dead horse (or any horse, for that matter), but I feel I too can confirm a defective phone. I'm guessing it's the screen/digitizer. Tap and scroll is another issue. My 1520 was getting quite bad with phantom touches, in particularly in the capacitive button area. I took off my screen protection to see if it made a difference. It did not. I ordered an Invisible Shield to replace the cheap protector that was in it, and before ZAGG could send it to me (over a month) It fell out of my pocket getting into the car and cracked the screen, mostly at the bottom by those buttons. The ghost button problem got way worse. But it is still intermittent. Suspecting the digitizer I actually tried bending the phone as mentioned and had some positive results, but it always comes back. It's so bad now the phone became nearly unusable and I bought a 1020 to replace it. I believe there is some issue between the screen and digitizer. I might try to replace that unit and see what happens. But because of my experience with bending the phone and the cracks making it worse, that's my diagnosis. For the record, I usually kept my phone in my front pocket and I have a job that requires heavy lifting and babies that are always in my lap, both of which probably put pressure on my phone. If I get it fixed, its not going in my pocket anymore. (I actually enjoy having the smaller phone in my pocket with the 1020, and I don't even have the tap and scroll issue either. I went for the OLED screen to avoid similar problems, and it seems it was a good idea.)

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought the phone in jan this year. The phantom tap issue started a couple of months ago. Now the issue has become annoying and is happening more frequently and making the phone unusable. I have done hard reset but which made the phone better for a couple of days but now the phantom taps are back again. I am not sure if its a hardware problem or not because hard resetting the phone made it better for a couple of days.

sklchan

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought the phone in jan this year. The phantom tap issue started a couple of months ago. Now the issue has become annoying and is happening more frequently and making the phone unusable. I have done hard reset but which made the phone better for a couple of days but now the phantom taps are back again. I am not sure if its a hardware problem or not because hard resetting the phone made it better for a couple of days.

You need to perform the bending method not all those useless hard reset... 😁

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have just discovered a link between surface area used to scroll. If I use the tip of my finger, the click instead of scroll happens a lot. If I use my thumb, it doesn't happen at all. The difference being that there is more surface area used when I scroll with my thumb.

tor landeel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I had this phone for just a few days and I was already getting phantom taps...I tried gently bending it (really small force applied) and indeed there are no more problems. That is great, and depressing at the same time.

Jacob Dertz

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
To reply to your question it is still happening to me. sometimes the screen will just slide back and forth like its freaking out. also click my apps by its self.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss