09-06-2016 07:49 PM
404 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I've tried many times. The lower part on the touchscreen. (as marked in the picture) don't respond.
    nokia_lumia_1520.jpg
    I think I totally messed it up!
    05-17-2015 12:49 PM
    I've managed to watch that video too. pretty good advises, but nothing to help me with this problem.
    05-17-2015 01:06 PM
    since nothing to lose, check for under mother board, digitazier coonector and grounding
    also it could be part of digitzer connector broken in your case, ive seen another picture on other fourm showing little terminal broken coming from the top front glass but it was due to hard bending on jeans pocket
    also there is a little terminal down going to the button to the three buttons
    you may push those areas firm ( the down area not the top since still working ) to check if any response , in that case it will need new front glass
    digit.bmpdigit.jpg
    05-17-2015 01:13 PM
    you mean this picture?
    lumia-final.jpg
    05-17-2015 01:27 PM
    OK, It's getting late. I'll tinker with the phone and probably make more damage tomorrow!
    Thanks again, you've been a lot of help.
    Hesham Fouad likes this.
    05-17-2015 01:33 PM
    this one you see how the button work and connected to digitizer maybe this is the weak point you got, i would just follow and press around the frame and on the low part left and see if any improvement to confirm a bad digitizer also you may not get any results by doing so but dont press too much like if you are pressing a 300 gram weight of pressure
    front.jpg
    05-17-2015 01:38 PM
    you mean I should press around here?
    nokia_lumia_15201.jpg
    05-17-2015 01:54 PM
    still the buttons are dead.
    The good news is the daughterboard is not too expensive. I've had to replace mine before be cause the mic went out.
    Rich Strapple likes this.
    05-17-2015 05:26 PM
    you mean this picture?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lumia final.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	104795
    This made my phone worse. I don't like doing it.
    05-17-2015 05:28 PM
    I've tried many times. The lower part on the touchscreen. (as marked in the picture) don't respond.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokia_Lumia_1520.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	104792
    I think I totally messed it up!
    Do the buttons Light up? If not make sure the board is installed right side up and not up side down.
    05-17-2015 05:31 PM
    thanks everyone for your advises, looks like there was a problem with the touchscreen cause when I replaced the screen, the problem solved!
    I'll keep you update.
    Hesham Fouad likes this.
    05-18-2015 07:04 AM
    Hesham, how is your phone holding up? Has it started acting up again with the phantom touches? If you make it a whole week without incident that's a good sign.
    05-19-2015 10:02 AM
    I will wait for the end of the week so far so good, I guess in some cases LCD must be changed like riazi case
    05-19-2015 10:27 AM
    I will wait for the end of the week so far so good, I guess in some cases LCD must be changed like riazi case
    I hope i don't have to do that. But the prices for those are dropping.
    05-19-2015 10:49 AM
    Better to wait for a new flag ship, when i hold the phone i don't enjoy the beauty design as before i just remember it's internal circuit board
    05-19-2015 03:53 PM
    LMAO! Welcome to my world! Most phones I either feel dread and remember crap that has gone wrong with them or eye them with suspicion. It was the same when I worked on cars for a living.....oh no I wonder what certain types of doctors go through (I'll be no more graphic than that).
    Hesham Fouad likes this.
    05-19-2015 05:49 PM
    Just want to give an update: after replacing the screen, the phone is working like charm and no more glitches so far. I'll keep you updated.
    Donny James likes this.
    05-21-2015 06:09 AM
    Just want to give an update: after replacing the screen, the phone is working like charm and no more glitches so far. I'll keep you updated.
    I was just about to ask you that. Thanks for the update.
    05-21-2015 08:22 AM
    Well I had to go ahead perform this special procedure on my 1520. It was just acting up too much and too often. If what Hesham is saying is right and I believe he is. Squeezing in any place and bending the phone is not a good solution. It just makes it worse eventually. This however seems to be the best solution. I did it last night and my phone hasn't acted up at all and that's a miracle for my phone. The only thing I didn't do was the step with heat gun, cause I don't have one. I have to go back in cause I didn't hook up the antennas properly and now my signal is bad but it's no biggy. I've been down this road before. Just detach and reattach and make it's on securely. Hesham you are the man. And if this solution still doesn't work later down the road, well at least you've improved our quality of life till the end.
    05-21-2015 08:29 AM
    Better to wait for a new flag ship, when i hold the phone i don't enjoy the beauty design as before i just remember it's internal circuit board
    As the saying goes: "Never meet your hero." I'm waiting on the L640 or 640 xl to hold me over till the next flagship comes out.
    05-21-2015 08:31 AM
    LMAO! Welcome to my world! Most phones I either feel dread and remember crap that has gone wrong with them or eye them with suspicion. It was the same when I worked on cars for a living.....oh no I wonder what certain types of doctors go through (I'll be no more graphic than that).
    You should see the way I pick up and handle my 1520. You'd think it's a newborn baby. I can't wait to have a brand new phone that I never have to operate on. So I can go back to being a regular person.
    05-21-2015 08:33 AM
    And this is the very reason my BLU Win HD has become my daily use phone now. While I have to baby my 1520, I can abuse (relatively) my BLU and the little bugger takes it all without a problem. One of my jobs is a physically demanding job and I have broken 521s and 635s in the past. It is the most sturdy smartphone I have ever used, and despite the snapdragon 200 it performs smoothy while giving me that Snapdragon 200 battery life.
    05-21-2015 09:30 AM
    Thanks Donny, I hope it work too , was thinking about 640 but I got a basic Samsung for application, build quality is bad with touch delay during charging but you get application update each few days, it's the golden egg for developers, waiting for Windows 10
    05-21-2015 12:06 PM
    after 10 days, i got little problem but something new, there is a certain area on the rubber frame when i hold it while watching a video , the phone vibrate as if am pressing the window button key, i check this area behind the rubber i found a thin layer of glass under and tiny piece of it shattered into 3 little pieces,
    i dont remember i use a hard tool with this phone, never fall , i believe now that is the main problem its connected with digitzer thats why when ever i take off back cover phone scroll smother cause back cover apply pressure on the phone front glass ,might come this way from factory due to design or because phone too big and i used to put it on front pocket apply some pressure on it and glass shattered around frame which i will never see it , changing the entire lcd will fix it as some said this and it might come back again due to the fragile of design as some said too it return back after a while of use with new lcd, better be careful with this phone treat it like a baby never leave carry case , last thing how could i buy again from a company ignore our problems!
    Donny James likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:52 PM
    I had a few small issues but they seem to go away once the phone is well protected. I bought this case for my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Kaleidio-Layer...pUvbUpU3109437
    Jas Holden likes this.
    05-31-2015 11:32 AM
404 ... 1213141516 ...