Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

miguelsantos

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I had problems with the DP, now with Cyan it's working perfectly well! 400 mbits connection with my router, no drop connection. With DP and black it was always dropping conenction.

Has anyone seen an improvement with wifi coverage? I also have had trouble connecting to a few wifi hotspots.... Have to turn wifi off and then on again to fix.

PeterByrne

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't be too fast with your enthusiasm, mate. ;) From my experiences the sensitivity issue always started popping up a day or two after I installed an update. I have yet to receive Cyan, still on DP right now, so unfortunately I can't judge for myself if it has improved or disappeared completely.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My phone even lags after cyan. Opening the lock screen, simple games like ragdoll run, it all lags sometimes. Asphalt 7 became unreadable, only the text is affected. This is so disappointing. I have never had a lumia that is completely bug free.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is the screen issue still away, guys??? It gives really hope, so I can't wait to get cyan. :)

Greetings from Germay, Magic

I can say it improved a lot. I noticed not much change after the update, but a factory reset did the job. I can live with the way it is now.
But i don't think everyone has the same experience.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Still having the phantom taps on my 1520. I downgraded to 8.0, did a complete clean install of 8.1/Cyan. I really hope this gets resolved somewhere down the line. Its annoying, but not enough to make me give up my 1520. Everything else about this phone is awesome.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
After a complete wipe/reflash/upgrade it's better but still there. Certainly at this point it is good enough that I'm willing to overlook it for the most part but all I have to do is spend 5 minutes with my Wife's 1020 or my 822 (which is a media player/remote these days) and it's not to hard to figure out that the 1520 still isn't completely there yet in this regard.

I tend to agree with those that feel this was some kind of fundamental hardware design issue and that while the firmware/software updates have brought it a long way, I'm not expecting it to ever truly be 100% fixed.

Magiceyes1982

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys!

When the Cyan-Update is available in Germany, I will install it with the Nokia Recovery Tool and if the issue should still be there, there will be trouble between MS and me. :cool:

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Can I validate that I am having the same issue as others?

My "random tap issue" is the screen just starts to go crazy, lots of taps, scrolling, and capacity button clicks(can feel my phone vibrate like i am hitting one of the three buttons). Cortana will come up, start screen will display, and the multitask display will come on. Just seems like a thousand fingers are touching my screen.

My biggest issue with this is it hangs up my calls, or hits the hold button if I take it away from my face at all. Really is annoying. As far as people thinking this is a hardware issue, I didn't have this issue before 8.1, maybe others did. This phone was perfect before going to 8.1 DP, and now 8.1 on AT&T.

Sometimes my phone locks up when trying to unlock and I assume it's the same issue. Too many things "touching" the screen making the phone appear to be locked up. To me, it's all the same issue.

Last edited:

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean install before updating to 8.1 RTM. I used the recovery program to go back to 8.0, then upgraded to 8.1. Then did another hard reset after upgrading.

What I haven't done is rolled all the way back to 8.0 for any length of time to see if issue went away. I assumed I was having the same problems as other talking about screen issues so I want to confirm before I spend time troubleshooting or if I need to go trade this one in for a new one. I purchased the warranty from the MS Store but I don't want to trade it in just to trade it in.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The Cyan update seems to be sensitive on how it is installed. I have tried several ways, but the one that works the best and gets rid of screen sensitivity, lag etc.. completely is this:

1 - Downgrade to WP8 using Recovery Tool. Don't use any backups.
2 - After setting up the intitial WP8 (MS account etc) DO NOT HARD RESET...
3 - Go to Settings and turn on Wi-FI for when screen is off. Do not touch any other settings
4 - Update to Cyan OTA
5 - After the update, when on the final screen asking about Advertising ID, Update Store apps etc, the phone should automatically restart before you can do anything. I would wait on this screen before pressing 'Done' to see if this happens.
6 - DO NOT HARD RESET!!!
7- Also make sure you don't use a backup. Do a fully clean install.

Both times that I have done this the phone has been superb. No lag, problems or screen sensitivity issues.

I think the critical step is the restart after Cyan has updated. It didn't happen every time if I set up WP8 fully. Any time the restart didn't happen the screen was not good and the lag was noticeable... This may be a bug in the Cyan set up process. Who knows, but my 1520 is nigh on perfect after doing it this way. I have done it this way twice and both times the restart happened after Cyan was updated. Which I think is the critical part...
Any other method doesn't seem to work as well... Phantom taps etc

Hope this helps and you get the same results!!!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset and I don't have a screen issue. I wiped after downgrading.

Great that the hard reset works for you. In my case the hard reset method introduced all sorts of screen problems and lag.
The method I outlined hopefully will help those who are still getting problems even after a hard reset.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos