Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
In fact there can be a software fix. Introduce a safe swipe mode where the tap checked again a split second after the first tap was received. For me the disconnection glitch happens very quickly, much quicker than a normal person would tap a phone. So for me, at least, you can switch it off during games for more responsive tapping but have the safe option on during everyday usage.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned my screen really well with Windex and a micro fiber towel--to the point where it's squeaky clean.

I haven't had a single tap issue.

Could be coincidence...but I don't think so.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I cleaned my screen really well with Windex and a micro fiber towel--to the point where it's squeaky clean.
I would do some checking to see if Windex is safe for any oleophobic coating on the screen. The 1520 doesn't have as much as the 925 but still worth retaining.

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have my Lumia 1520 for 3 weeks now and came accross the sensitive screen issue. I think for my case I have figured out WHY. I had purchased an additional charger (cheap one) for another loctaion in my home. After I remove it from that charger the screen gets sensitive, so I shut down and restart and no issues. If I recharge with the Nokia charger, no issues. Hope this helps.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
the 5 screws holding motherboard are very very loosen by default this lead to weaker grounding ,just tighten them and you are done, or keep bending the phone

I haven't opened the phone up, but the 5 screws are immediately seen once you get the phone opened up? I have a newer green Lumia 1520 and I've hit a tile a few times on the home screen, but whether it's me or the false tap is hard to determine. If I start encountering this issue more I'll open it up and use your advice. Also if you say just tightening up these screws seems to help, it might be worth it to pull the screws out and add a drop of blue thread locker to help with the fact that the phone is large and may be more susceptible to slight flexing.

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't opened the phone up, but the 5 screws are immediately seen once you get the phone opened up? I have a newer green Lumia 1520 and I've hit a tile a few times on the home screen, but whether it's me or the false tap is hard to determine. If I start encountering this issue more I'll open it up and use your advice. Also if you say just tightening up these screws seems to help, it might be worth it to pull the screws out and add a drop of blue thread locker to help with the fact that the phone is large and may be more susceptible to slight flexing.

what is your hardware revision number?

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
How long did the whole process take to have your phone sent in and returned? If not long I may just send it in. Although I haven't really seemed to encounter the issue, but I also haven't had my 1520 long. Oh, also what was your previous hardware revision?

Also when it comes to this issue I've tried some of things you mentioned, simply just holding down a tile in the Windows central app and it never clicked on it. I've violently swiped up and down on home screen, settings, and app list. Even scrolling through forums through IE I've yet to click on a random word or zoom in. I have a Venue 8 Pro so I'm painfully aware of how a tap instead of a swipe registers. I also don't have the double tap to wake enabled. With that enabled was when I did have a few instances of hitting a random tile on my Start Screen and opening an app.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My hardware revision in About says 4.1.0.0
To help deciding if there is a correlation between revision numbers and this problem, my hardware revision is 6.2.0.0. I don't have the problem but then many people of all revisions probably don't have it either.

15168189004_f23238bdbf_o.png

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I would also think the hardware revision would vary based on what model you have. RM-937/938/940. On board memory, Qi, wireless bands, etc. So I would agree that there may not be much to put on hardware variation. If anything you'd think having the little bit newer Green AT&T/1520.2/RM-940/whatever you want to call it should have whatever fix unless they literally just started changing it. I would almost go with what Hesham said about the grounding and the screws being loose. I also see a lot of people talking about gap between screen and case. So I'm thinking the plastic housing is slightly more prone to flexing, over time the screws holding the motherboard may become slightly loose, and then the housing flexing a little allows the phone to not be quite as tightly fit around the screen. So now it's not all as nicely wedged together as it could be. Seeing as the pushing on the phone seems to fix things, it might then re-seat everything and kind of put more pressure between the motherboard and housing giving better contact even though the motherboard may not be tightened down as well as it could be.

Worst case scenario I'll just send mine in under warranty if it really starts happening.

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
How long did the whole process take to have your phone sent in and returned? If not long I may just send it in. Although I haven't really seemed to encounter the issue, but I also haven't had my 1520 long. Oh, also what was your previous hardware revision?

About 3 days. I took it personally to the repair center though. My previous revision was either 3 or4.

panchovx

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on PFD and I have the issue all the time. I think that the glass screen protector that I have is contributing for the problem. Anyway, th problem is still there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077