Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Y'all

If you have problems where the screen keeps jumping and going mad, it is because the phone got bent. This usually happens if you put the phone in your front pants pocket, face in toward your leg.

Putting the 1520 into a pocket and bending over bends the phone. As previous posts have shown, the phone bends and makes bad contacts inside.

I solved that problem by getting a clamshell case with rubber outside. It makes the phone bigger, but a least the phone works perfectly after putting a case with a 2 piece HARD clamshell on the inside with rubber on the outside.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It would appear sending my phone in for repair was actually a bad idea. The touch issue now seems to be worse. Not only that, but now I'm noticing the weird little touch screen color blotches similar to when you squeeze the phone. Only it doesn't take too much pressure. I guess it's back to Microsoft with this... I'm really beginning to hate purchasing a 1520.

Last edited:

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll be getting another 6 inch phone because of this. It's looking like tightening the screws is not working any more. I'm getting the ghost touches right after fixing it. Not cool. Does any body know if this happens to the Icon also?

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't let this deter you from a large phone. I personally wouldn't buy another 6" simply for the size. I've been using a 2014 Moto X in the meantime and it's just such a nice size to use and carry in my pocket that it makes it hard to want to go back to the 1520. As for my screen I can see where there is definitely an issue. You need a relatively dark background and when you're pressing it you'll see the weird color splotches/ghosting appearing. Sometimes right where I've touched and sometimes in a location other than where I'm touching. It was super noticeable when I was turning the phone off. I was looking at the goodbye screen and as I was holding it I kept noticing the little splotches as I moved around. So something got messed up or smashed together when they "fixed" it. I took the thing apart and the screws that hold the motherboard in were all plenty tight. I did loosen and retighten just to see. Same issue. So I've started another repair request with Microsoft.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't let this deter you from a large phone. I personally wouldn't buy another 6" simply for the size. I've been using a 2014 Moto X in the meantime and it's just such a nice size to use and carry in my pocket that it makes it hard to want to go back to the 1520. As for my screen I can see where there is definitely an issue. You need a relatively dark background and when you're pressing it you'll see the weird color splotches/ghosting appearing. Sometimes right where I've touched and sometimes in a location other than where I'm touching. It was super noticeable when I was turning the phone off. I was looking at the goodbye screen and as I was holding it I kept noticing the little splotches as I moved around. So something got messed up or smashed together when they "fixed" it. I took the thing apart and the screws that hold the motherboard in were all plenty tight. I did loosen and retighten just to see. Same issue. So I've started another repair request with Microsoft.

How do you start a repair request? Are you in the US?

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello Team. I have a question. This picture, what's control? What does it do?View attachment 101437

I think it makes contact with back cover to enable some type of functionality like connecting the top headphone jack to the motherboard. Here's what I could dig up.

https://www.ifixit.com/Document/1136/.pdf

See this picture. See how it lines up. From IFixit
V6UixQR5rX3hDFFq.medium

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Just a "heads up" :
Having had my phone repaired by MS due to phantom touch issue;
It's fixed! did not have any problems since it was returned...back in 2-2015.
Don't know what they did but there was a plastic film over the screen when it was returned.
So...new screen, maybe. Whatever, it worked.
Good Luck.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed the other day If I put my 1520 face down on a table, it's not fully flush with the table surface. It rocks a little if I push on one corner. Which shows my phone it slightly bent. I wonder if the bend is in the LCD assembly or from the back cover. I hope it's the back cover so I can just replace it for cheap. And hopefully that provides some relief from the ghost touches.

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
One of the worst phones ever made by Nokia and undeveloped software, for everyone try to press the black area right next to search button while touch your phone ,one finger up other pressing opposite side from the back of the phone as a paper clip shape keep pressing while, scroll as usual and tell me if there is any enhancements if it goes well then we shall discuss the internal ribbon inside might need attention

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
One of the worst phones ever made by Nokia and undeveloped software, for everyone try to press the black area right next to search button while touch your phone ,one finger up other pressing opposite side from the back of the phone as a paper clip shape keep pressing while, scroll as usual and tell me if there is any enhancements if it goes well then we shall discuss the internal ribbon inside might need attention

Can show us in a picture.

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried, for me made it worse, almost every scroll become a tap while I press the spot you indicated. Maybe the speaker magnet going too close to the digitizer? I'll try to put some isolation under it

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
press this area next to search button and use the phone with other hand
behind it is just the digitizer , i belive no fix for this except replacing the whole screen, reason could be for big lcd bending or it come out of the factory like this which i believe it is since it happen to many 1520 owners
really Microsoft should of replace it for free or at least make next free upgrade to the coming phone
WP_20150512_001.jpg

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed the other day If I put my 1520 face down on a table, it's not fully flush with the table surface. It rocks a little if I push on one corner. Which shows my phone it slightly bent. I wonder if the bend is in the LCD assembly or from the back cover. I hope it's the back cover so I can just replace it for cheap. And hopefully that provides some relief from the ghost touches.

I've reverted to putting my phone, screen facing inward, in my front pocket to bend it back. I've noticed some improvement already. I've ordered a hard case, hoping it will keep the phone straight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb