Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You should use the permalink address for the post. You're link doesn't work for me and others because it includes a page number and we don't use a default posts-per-page value. This thread is only up to 4 pages for me. But each post has an address that always takes you to the post. The post number in each post contains that address, so you can either copy the address of that link or click it and then copy the address from your browser address field.

I was looking for that link and I couldn't find it. I'll try again when I get home.

Gerardo Librera

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Fix!!!!

before heating:

Now:

Fix digitizer failure screen heating to 85 ? C for 2 minutes and pressing firmly top of the screen where the logo of Nokia is.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well rats, my 1520 started exhibiting this a couple weeks ago. I fear it's because I had it jammed in a slim pocket for a bit too long during an afternoon visiting Boston and flexed it too much (let's just say beer and whiskey may have been involved. It's Boston :winktongue:.).

Has anyone had Palco repair this issue and if so how do they classify it: broken screen, general repair? It's a difference of $100.

Last edited:

Gerardo Librera

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Could you do a video to show how you used the gun on phone?

I'm sorry but I have no video of the process.
It is preferable to remove the display module and apply heat to low and medium speed temperature slowly moving the gun until a temperature of 85 ? C on the top left of the screen, then hold firmly pressed that area until the temperature drops, you can do it twice.
Until today my phone did not present more failure.

Good luck and caution with plastic!

Google translator

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but I have no video of the process.
It is preferable to remove the display module and apply heat to low and medium speed temperature slowly moving the gun until a temperature of 85 ? C on the top left of the screen, then hold firmly pressed that area until the temperature drops, you can do it twice.
Until today my phone did not present more failure.

Good luck and caution with plastic!

Google translator

Glad you said that. The way I pictured doing it in my head was with the phone still assembled and on.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had it done - they'll reach out to you for Xtra funds when they determine the problem / issue.

I had spoken to customer service there, before submitting it for repair (thus had a person), submitted it for general repair with issue(s) graphically described (stopping short of diagnosing problem). They came back w a price & ETA for round trip.

Round trip took a week, shipped on Friday morning, got it back fixed, the following Friday morning (I live in N.E. Philadelphia).
Very happy with Palco, my phone was like new & continues to work 6 months later.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You tried it? Because we cant be sure its hardware problem, even if :p

I've suffered from this issue on 8.1 and upgraded to each new version when it came out. The only thing that has solved the issue is opening up the phone and raising up the connectors on the mother board. Every other solution did not work or worked for a very short time and then made the problem worse. This solution had my phone fixed from the day I implemented it. Trust me when I say, it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. You should take some time and read through this forum.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've suffered from this issue on 8.1 and upgraded to each new version when it came out. The only thing that has solved the issue is opening up the phone and raising up the connectors on the mother board. Every other solution did not work or worked for a very short time and then made the problem worse. This solution had my phone fixed from the day I implemented it. Trust me when I say, it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. You should take some time and read through this forum.

Raise the connectors? Can you elaborate? It was phantom or tap scroll? Also, is it fixed permanently?

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Raise the connectors? Can you elaborate? It was phantom or tap scroll? Also, is it fixed permanently?

Diego the problem is fixed as long you don't bend the phone too much again. You will have to read through this forum to get the entire instruction on what to do. I've mentioned exactly where to look not too long a go. You'll have to do a little digging.

Ahmad Ezzat

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Same Problem
but please help me in arabic
Please Help in thread
Touch screen Problem every update to any WP 10 Build Lumia 1520
in windows 10 mobile fourum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads