07-30-2014 06:19 PM
51 123
tools
    Hey I can't see any arrows even when my data is transferring... And also I can not find the lock screen time or option set to never... Even though I have updated to cyan... Please help
    What options are you referring to? Glance?
    07-23-2014 10:22 AM
    how can i change to cyan.. i am using htc 8x
    07-23-2014 01:52 PM
    how can i change to cyan.. i am using htc 8x
    You can't. It's for Lumia only
    07-23-2014 02:57 PM
    Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(

Good to know that cyan will fix the WiFi issue. That is my biggest nuisance when connecting to WiFi now on 8.1dp. They can't roll cyan out quick enough for me for my 1520.3 in USA and I can't wait till it does. Everyday I run check update.
    07-23-2014 09:01 PM
    Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.
    Believe it or not its Carrier dependant feature
    07-23-2014 09:26 PM
    I can no longer choose Google as my search engine in advanced IE settings. :(
    Also there's no way to enable Cortana. Changing my regions to United States doesn't work.

Congrats...and the no google thing was intended with the update...

The Cortana thing is troublesome though. I'm in the US with a HK variant...
    07-23-2014 09:27 PM
    The Camera performance has improved. Clicking a picture takes much less time compared to previous 2-3 seconds. The low light performance has improved but not in the way it is supposed to do. The low light pictures have better contrast and brightness now but the new firmware has introduces a lot of noise in the pictures. I also doubt that normal pictures during day time have more noise(grainy) compared to old algorithms...
    07-24-2014 12:11 AM
    Still waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and release cyan for those on dp, since not all of us has access to the nokia recovery tool
    Why not, it's on the internet, free to download. You can just choose UK or any version and it will work, I downgraded my developer preview 8.1 to official Black and then updated to Cyan, everything works as expected. It's somewhat faster and less laggy too. Though it still resets for no reason on occasion. WP8 was faster and more stable than Cyan (or DP) is.
    07-24-2014 02:19 AM
    Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.
    Yes, over wifi any cellular, based on activity. It really bugs me that whenever the arrows appear over wifi, the wifi icon moves slightly to the right, like they couldn't figure out an icon that's the same size. It's not a bad feature.
    Except for the arrows, I haven't noticed anything different from preview 8.1 to Cyan.

Oh, I'm on 925, I only noticed now that this is the 1520 forum. Sorry.
    07-24-2014 02:21 AM
    Ok, my phone Icon just received and update I don't seem to see any thing different. None of what you guys are talking but the little arrow on top of my Lte bars and my Wi-Fi.
    07-24-2014 03:01 AM
    Why not, it's on the internet, free to download. You can just choose UK or any version and it will work, I downgraded my developer preview 8.1 to official Black and then updated to Cyan, everything works as expected. It's somewhat faster and less laggy too. Though it still resets for no reason on occasion. WP8 was faster and more stable than Cyan (or DP) is.
    I have a MAC.
    07-24-2014 04:34 PM
    What options are you referring to? Glance?
    No not the glance ... I read in this thread that after updating to cyan .. People have got the data transfer arrows on wifi .. I have not got it even when I'm updated to cyan.
    07-25-2014 04:54 AM
    The Camera performance has improved. Clicking a picture takes much less time compared to previous 2-3 seconds. The low light performance has improved but not in the way it is supposed to do. The low light pictures have better contrast and brightness now but the new firmware has introduces a lot of noise in the pictures. I also doubt that normal pictures during day time have more noise(grainy) compared to old algorithms...
    From what I've seen, noise has gone down...
    But I see much more aggressive noise reduction. Which I don't mind, as it doesn't look bad.
    07-25-2014 06:58 AM
    Images are indeed faster and they look better. Two things though, my Philippine 1520 can't choose 2G in cellular settings (used to have it before I flashed the UK rom) and battery saver won't dim the buttons or bring the brightness down lower (negated with brightness profile)

((also, I can't seem to choose the new wallpapers as lock screen and the screen flickers at the lowest brightness, why?))
    07-25-2014 07:09 AM
    I cannot find the Brightness Profile on my UK CV GBIE 1520. Where is it?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it settings / display.
    07-25-2014 08:05 AM
    I can't delete the Arabic keyboard!!! Idont know Arabic and it keep coming back after reboot
    07-25-2014 08:07 AM
    Hi - can I ask how flash the UK ROM? I also have a HK variant. Thanks

I have the HK variant. I ended up flashing the UK rom and I was greeted with a cyan update 😊
    I received no update after downgrading so I swapped roms. I'm sure it will be there this week.

Will test the camera extensively tomorrow.
    The biggest difference is the accidental screen taps are gone! Drove me nuts scrolling in facebook or twitter and accidentally selecting things.

Edit..just tested night video. Much improved frame rate and video seems less noisy and sharper. Audio sounds great but will test the Dolby on a stereo tomorrow.

White balance seems to be better. Actually a hell of a lot better than my 1020 indoors.
    07-25-2014 09:36 AM
    Hi - can I ask how flash the UK ROM? I also have a HK variant. Thanks
    I just updated my HK variant to the UK rom, and this guide was pretty helpful [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) all Nokia Windows… | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum
    07-25-2014 09:59 AM
    When using the Microsoft Camera, I noticed if you take a pic by tapping the screen there is no focus light before the pic is taken. The focus light only comes on now if you use the shutter button to take the pic.
    07-25-2014 10:14 AM
    The screen timeout now has more options. Up to 30 mins and a Never option. UK 1520.
    AT&T only gave us 15 minutes. They still left never off. I had even contacted the people in charge of the firmware at AT&T and asked them for the never option.
    07-25-2014 10:24 AM
    What bugs me about this new arrow icon is it's always jumping left and right as activity happens. Surely the arrow could have been moved closer to the arc so the size of the icon didn't change. Bit poor.
    07-25-2014 12:33 PM
    Anyone also having this pinkish stain appearing in the sreen when using camera?? Started to experience it after flashing my 1520 with UK rom and upgraded to Cyan...
    sam1374 likes this.
    07-26-2014 06:21 AM
    I noticed slightly improved scrolling in a few non-WP apps.
    07-28-2014 03:48 PM
    AT&T only gave us 15 minutes. They still left never off. I had even contacted the people in charge of the firmware at AT&T and asked them for the never option.
    My phone has it (AT&T Lumia 1520 on Cyan) under screen timeout 15, 30, NEVER ... don't know where you're looking.
    Are you on Lumia Cyan ? or Dev Preview ?

' ... just say NO to drugs ... '
    07-28-2014 06:27 PM
    My phone has it (AT&T Lumia 1520 on Cyan) under screen timeout 15, 30, NEVER ... don't know where you're looking.
    Are you on Lumia Cyan ? or Dev Preview ?

' ... just say NO to drugs ... '
    I found if there is a password policy for a corp account it disables the never and 30 minute options. But I think that is the firmware and not the policy or AT&T.
    07-30-2014 09:12 AM
51 123