07-30-2014 07:19 PM
51 123
tools
    Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.
    Kaustav13 and von929Shavone like this.
    07-22-2014 05:34 AM
    Still waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and release cyan for those on dp, since not all of us has access to the nokia recovery tool
    07-22-2014 05:39 AM
    I still cannot believe that no one with Cyan firmware has bothered to tell and show if photos taken by camera on 1520 with cyan firmware look better or not.
    07-22-2014 05:39 AM
    Not much into taking pics from phone camera... However just tried....not sure will have to check on big screen but on my phone it looks like there are much less noise in photograph taken in low light.
    07-22-2014 05:50 AM
    Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(
    Qtweeder and Kaustav13 like this.
    07-22-2014 05:53 AM
    The screen timeout now has more options. Up to 30 mins and a Never option. UK 1520.
    pampurio97 and Pete like this.
    07-22-2014 07:48 AM
    My question is do we get three rows of contact tiles in groups again? I miss that about WP8 compared to 8.1
    emigrating likes this.
    07-22-2014 08:15 AM
    Scroll/tap appear to be much better than before.
    There's a new arrow indicator above the Signal/WiFi strength indicators that shows when data is being transmitted
    USB setting added in Settings
    Brightness profile in Display setting (set brightness for low, medium and high)
    New settings in "call settings" (I think, maybe I didn't look in this setting for Black):-

All calls - dropdown for "Choose Contact", "specific number"
    When I don't answer - same dropwdown
    When I'm busy - same dropdown
    When I can't be reached - same dropdown
    New "motion data" setting:-
    "When motion data collection is on, information is gathered from device sensors such as the accelerometer, and also about your device location. This information may now always be available or accurate. Motion data can only be used by apps that are allowed access to your location data. You can turn motion data collection off from settings->Motion data."

That's all I've seen so far in terms of Cyan updates.
    07-22-2014 08:57 AM
    Are you using a Mac? if so Installed W8.1 onto it with a preview and downloaded the tool then.
    07-22-2014 09:21 AM
    After upgrading to Cyan, can we opt for Developers preview again while retaining the Cyan?
    07-22-2014 11:17 AM
    After upgrading to Cyan, can we opt for Developers preview again while retaining the Cyan?
    Yes, CYAN is firmware, not software. DP is software.
    07-22-2014 11:20 AM
    I still cannot believe that no one with Cyan firmware has bothered to tell and show if photos taken by camera on 1520 with cyan firmware look better or not.
    I sympathise, but for a lot of us, especially me, the camera is bottom of the list when it comes to a phone. I rarely take pictures, but I will try and report back.....
    07-22-2014 11:21 AM
    Apart from above There is a new theme color called Bright Green. Also there are lot of options in lockscreen for screen timeout. You also have never option to keep your screen visible forever until your battery lasts:)

Also Audio enhancements can now be made without using headphones in audio setting. There is also dolby enhancement setting.
    wpfanboy17 likes this.
    07-22-2014 01:26 PM
    Don't forget the new sensors - download Bing Health and you have a pedometer ala Fitbit, plus Miracast support and Dolby sound via speakers.
    07-22-2014 01:40 PM
    Still waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and release cyan for those on dp, since not all of us has access to the nokia recovery tool
    How to recover your bricked Lumia with the Nokia Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central

If your on a MAC, use vmware and a preview of W8.1 should work :P
    07-22-2014 01:47 PM
    +1 for information about camera improvements. The camera on this device is one of the selling points. I haven't had any screen sensitivity issues since dp8.1.

I'm also excited for Miracast support but camera is more important.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    07-22-2014 09:42 PM
    Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(
    I am having a similar problem that would be resolved only when restarting the router or the phone. Is this similar to what you were having? It doesn't happen all the time, though.
    07-22-2014 10:02 PM
    Yes you can but most probably you won't be getting anything out of it anytime soon because you would be already running WP8.1
    07-22-2014 10:05 PM
    Anyone with the Hong Kong variant of the 1520 try updating yet? Don't want to downgrade to WP8.0 for nothing
    07-22-2014 10:08 PM
    Anyone with the Hong Kong variant of the 1520 try updating yet? Don't want to downgrade to WP8.0 for nothing
    I have the HK variant. I ended up flashing the UK rom and I was greeted with a cyan update 😊
    I received no update after downgrading so I swapped roms. I'm sure it will be there this week.

Will test the camera extensively tomorrow.
    The biggest difference is the accidental screen taps are gone! Drove me nuts scrolling in facebook or twitter and accidentally selecting things.

Edit..just tested night video. Much improved frame rate and video seems less noisy and sharper. Audio sounds great but will test the Dolby on a stereo tomorrow.

White balance seems to be better. Actually a hell of a lot better than my 1020 indoors.
    Byrese and Dos101 like this.
    07-23-2014 01:33 AM
    I can no longer choose Google as my search engine in advanced IE settings. :(
    Also there's no way to enable Cortana. Changing my regions to United States doesn't work.
    07-23-2014 02:00 AM
    Also there's no way to enable Cortana. Changing my regions to United States doesn't work.
    Have you checked your language settings? Your speech setting must also be set to English (US) to have Cortana, only settting region to US is not sufficient.
    erfanullah likes this.
    07-23-2014 02:34 AM
    Also check that the date and time are not set to automatic, that stopped me from getting Cortana. Untick that option, and i now have Cortana. With all other settings set to USA
    07-23-2014 02:46 AM
    To get Cortana you need Language, Region, and also speech set to English USA.
    erfanullah likes this.
    07-23-2014 03:04 AM
    Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.
    Hey I can't see any arrows even when my data is transferring... And also I can not find the lock screen time or option set to never... Even though I have updated to cyan... Please help
    07-23-2014 03:21 AM
51 123