Anyone using 1520 in Canada?

Richard Silvera

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm in canada with a 1520, heard ATT got the cyan update in the USA. I'm running DP 8.1 was wondering if anyone with WP 8 got the cyan update cause i didn't want to go through a downgrade and not get the cyan update after. Or anyone with DP 8.1 downgraded and got cyan? 1520 Canada. How is our cyan issued since 1520 isn't offered in canada?

Korlon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the RM 937 on the Fido network in Toronto, no issues. As for 4G/3G, I have a limited data plan so it's not important to me. I mainly use WiFi for internet connections. I have yet to see the Cyan update but I'm also running the 8.1 developers... I can wait.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in canada with a 1520, heard ATT got the cyan update in the USA. I'm running DP 8.1 was wondering if anyone with WP 8 got the cyan update cause i didn't want to go through a downgrade and not get the cyan update after. Or anyone with DP 8.1 downgraded and got cyan? 1520 Canada. How is our cyan issued since 1520 isn't offered in canada?

I recently downgraded from DP and I haven't received the Cyan update. I'm also in Canada. Anyone have any luck with this?

The update would be tied to the rom that's currently running on your phone, for example if it's a country variant then you'll get the update when Nokia/MS pushes the update for the 1520 variants of that country, if it's a carrier variant like the ATT 1520, then you'll get the update when ATT releases it for the 1520 running it's carrier specific ROM

p_j_o

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I too have the RM-938 (Latin America ROM) from OmegaCell, on Fido out in Vancouver. Was running DP 8.1 and thought I'd try a roll back in order to see if 8.1 was available - nada (even though my region, etc. is set to USA). Guess we gotta wait a little longer...

enroh_mada

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I too have the RM-938 (Latin America ROM) from OmegaCell, on Fido out in Vancouver. Was running DP 8.1 and thought I'd try a roll back in order to see if 8.1 was available - nada (even though my region, etc. is set to USA). Guess we gotta wait a little longer...

yeah I did the same last friday...wish they would release it already...back on DP 8.1 myself until i read about someone getting Cyan for these devices either from MS fixing the BitLocker bug or carrier.

***Cyan & 8.1 now available for 1520.3 from Omegacell*** :)

Last edited:

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
How is the battery life on this phone? My Lumia 920 has terrible battery life. I've read reviews and seen video's that say that the battery life is absolutely amazing.

d3zw3nas

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Got tired of waiting and bought a ATT 1520 off eBay. Unlocked it, and used the Nokia recovery tool and now have Cyan 😊. Using it on TELUS with no issues.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I won an AT&T version, unlocked it online, safecellunlocker or something along those lines.
Works flawlessly on Fido (basically Rogers).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12