02-24-2015 05:27 AM
177 12345 ...
tools
    I bought a Hong Kong Lumia 1520, flashed to the GB rom on Friday (to replace the 8.1 Developer Version) and the Cyan update appeared in phone updates immediately on EE in the UK.

1) Touchscreen "swipe interpreted as a tap" bug - I have yet to notice it happen which is an enormous improvement for me.
    2) Sunlight viewing not working, as was the case in the Developer Version - annoyance.
    3) Less lag when coming out of an app to the Start Screen.
    4) The phone still gets very hot when gaming and the battery life is clearly not what it was on stock 8.0.
    5) The Settings screen is a mess! They could at least have organised it alphabetically!

The other pros outweight the few cons but I loved not having to necessarily charge my phone daily when I originally bought the phone. Don't know how I managed without the Action Centre, though.
    07-27-2014 03:56 AM
    Im eagerly waiting for HK variant cyan, i would love to flash to UK variant but can't seem to figure it out. I have followed the links to XDA and downloaded all it tells me too, but NCS is requiring me to login before it will download any ROMs. Im sure im doing something wrong, are the XDA instructions correct because they are very long winded and not very user friendly, is it what everyone else has been following to flash there phone? Im sure there's an easier way but i cant get my brain in gear atm :-( Any easy to follow instructions would be VERY much appreciated :-)
    Last edited by Tw4T; 07-27-2014 at 08:51 AM.
    07-27-2014 05:18 AM
    I have found that certain apps are not loading after a restart. The more I restart the more apps don't load. At first it was Power Tiles, then ProGym, then Accuweather, then 8.1HD Tiles. The first restart worked to bring back Power Tiles, but ever since then, it and others just stop working.

The brightness setting updates are also not what I was expecting. Having control over the low, medium and high values is cool, but I want access to a slider without navigating through the settings.

Other than the new green theme, living images camera update, and the 5.1 audio for recording (which I haven't even investigated), I want to go back to the Developer Preview.
    07-27-2014 11:49 AM
    I uninstalled Power Tiles, Accuweather started loading again, and ProGym loaded after I removed the tile, restarted and then re-pinned. Hopefully these issues can be fixed with app updates.
    07-27-2014 12:14 PM
    I'm seeing an issue where a few apps, like CoPilot GPS are now cut off at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else see this?
    07-27-2014 12:39 PM
    Guys,
    somebody who already updated his phone to Cyan from AT&T, can you check for me that is Hungarian language available in settings -> language as a phone language not just for keyboard?
    Thanks!
    I see it appear as "magyar", yes.
    07-27-2014 12:43 PM
    For those flashing a ROM from another device variant, are you able to restore from a backup prior to flashing?
    07-27-2014 03:07 PM
    Is there any way to get back to the larger interface after Cyan?
    The large interface is what made it useful to me.
    07-27-2014 03:46 PM
    Is there any way to get back to the larger interface after Cyan?
    The large interface is what made it useful to me.
    8.1 has been optimized for 1080p screens. No, there's no way you can get back to how it was in 8.0.
    07-27-2014 10:55 PM
    I got the update for my 1520(India) but i had to roll back to WP 8.0 but yeah it paid off. Really enjoying the update. As far as the heating issue goes my phone only heats up when playing a game with intensive graphics. Living images are great, hope they will make them work in the photo hub too. I really have to try out the surround sound in videos yet but i think it will be good too. And i really like the new Bright Green accent color, its great.
    Pete likes this.
    07-28-2014 03:01 AM
    Would it be possible to downgrade Cyan to Black?
    07-28-2014 01:06 PM
    I have a friend who just updated his 1520 and he says the phone is very sluggish now. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than usual to boot up but not always. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Finally talked my friend into doing a full reset and he was very glad I did as it seems to have cleared up a lot of his problems. I told him he should NOT wait to do this as he was getting ready to travel overseas and he wouldn't want to deal with the phone in its present condition so he actually took my advice. He said he was very impressed with the whole process as it put nearly everything back the way it was (had never done a reset on a Windows phone). I take that as high praise indeed as that dude is one very hard guy to impress.
    Last edited by clitrenta; 07-29-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    07-28-2014 01:10 PM
    I have a friend who just updated his 1520 and he says the phone is very sluggish now. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than usual to boot up but not always. Any suggestions?
    I am having the same issue. It really started after I installed Live Lockscreen. Now it is uninstalled and I think I may have to do a reset.
    07-28-2014 01:16 PM
    Love that. I sent a movie on my phone through my sons Xbox to the tv. Nice. It was a 1080p movie, no lag, no drop.
    Xbox 360? Because that would be super cool.
    07-28-2014 01:19 PM
    Also got the HK CV phone in UK. Found the XDA tutorial on how to flash another CV rom to be really hard to follow and bottled it. Would be great if someone could point me to clear and comprehensive guide. Only got new 1520 last week and really finding WP8 hard work having used the 8.1 DP on my old 820.
    07-28-2014 01:44 PM
    I am having the same issue. It really started after I installed Live Lockscreen. Now it is uninstalled and I think I may have to do a reset.

Just change your lock screen photo to Bing and then change it back to whatever you want. I had the same problem, this fixed it. No reset necessary.
    07-28-2014 08:25 PM
    I have the HK model and still no update could you let me know when you get it please and i will do the same for you.
    07-29-2014 06:25 AM
    Did they stop the update for 1520 come on I'm waiting for the update to be released in,Hong Kong
    07-29-2014 12:03 PM
    Just change your lock screen photo to Bing and then change it back to whatever you want. I had the same problem, this fixed it. No reset necessary.
    Thanks for the tip... Well it works better now. Hope it keep the same performance.
    07-29-2014 12:09 PM
    Did they stop the update for 1520 come on I'm waiting for the update to be released in,Hong Kong
    They have said they'll be releasing 8.1 over the next few weeks. Have patience. You can check availability in HK at:
    Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia
    saleh alabbassi likes this.
    07-29-2014 12:16 PM
    I just did the update and its just the DP with a few tweaks but I will admit im a bit pissed they pulled the sports icon and travel :(
    07-29-2014 12:57 PM
    Cyan is released now in Germany. OMG, I am so excited!! :D
    07-29-2014 02:30 PM
    Is anyone having group text issues? When I send out a group text, everything goes smoothly. Now, when someone replies to my text, my number shows up as a recipient of the texts....meaning my number is added to the group as a new recipient. So, when I respond back, I get a text from myself. Strange....
    +1 - thought is was only me, as this is the first mention I have found. I've searched the web a lot and can't find a similar issue or a way to resolve it.
    07-29-2014 02:32 PM
    Are you using the developers preview?
    07-29-2014 02:38 PM
    The move to Cyan from DP is not that big of a deal tbh. Really solid update overall, but I just wish they had added an brightness slider to notification center. It's certainly not about the screen space that they haven't made it. It would also be nice if you wouldn't have to press the volume keys to open the volume panel. I just wonder why they don't utilize more the action center and this large screen space. Just minor things, but when you have used Android phones previously, you just start to miss some features eventually.
    07-29-2014 04:15 PM
177 12345 ...