Official 1520 Cyan Thread

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520 has started receiving Cyan update in Finland, India, UK, Taiwan, Hungary, US(At&t),Philippines and many other countries.

I want those who have received the Cyan update on their Lumia 1520 to report the improvements/bugs they have noticed in this update.

When Cyan was released for Lumia 925 and 625, users were disappointed as they did not find anything new compared to WP8.1 dev preview. Looking at comments in some threads, I think it's not the same case with the 1520 users. The 1520 users look quite happy with the update.

Please feel free to write your experiences (good/bad) in this thread :)

Enjoy the Cyan update!

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Scroll/tap appear to be much better than before for the 1520.
There's a new arrow indicator above the Signal/WiFi strength indicators that shows when data is being transmitted
USB setting added in Settings
Brightness profile in Display setting (set brightness for low, medium and high)
New settings in "call settings" (I think, maybe I didn't look in this setting for Black):-

call forwarding said:
All calls - dropdown for "Choose Contact", "specific number"
When I don't answer - same dropwdown
When I'm busy - same dropdown
When I can't be reached - same dropdown

New "motion data" setting:-
"When motion data collection is on, information is gathered from device sensors such as the accelerometer, and also about your device location. This information may now always be available or accurate. Motion data can only be used by apps that are allowed access to your location data. You can turn motion data collection off from settings->Motion data."

Slightly disappointed that Live Images aren't shown when browsing in the photo hub (you have to view them through the camera app)

That's all I've seen so far in terms of Cyan updates.

GURU_1520

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys i have updated my lumia 1520 to cyan but i am not able to see "motion data" settings can anyone tell me where i can find that setting? or is it region locked...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's at the bottom of the settings menu.

If you don't see it (and you're sure you have Cyan), try going into the windows phone store and check for updates in there.

Mark Hanley

May 15, 2014
Visit site
What about being able to use Miracast with Cyan to mirror your phone display to a tv? There is a video of this posted that looks like a cool feature.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T customers newly equipped with the official 8.1 + Cyan, do you have Data Sense?

EDIT: Looks like yes!

Last edited:

Amunarjoh

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I so envy you guys the Cyan update. I sure hope they provide for us in Norway soon. F5 on my computer, and "update" on the 1520 are running hot from excitement.:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077