Official 1520 Cyan Thread

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
After installing the official 8.1 update to my 1520 I've noticed that when music is playing, and I get a text message, the phone mutes the music, but when I'm done with hearing the message the phone doesn't return back to normal volume... The only thing that fixes this is to unplug the headphones, plug them back in, and resume my music... This is for audio through the headphone jack only

itscramtastic

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
What about being able to use Miracast with Cyan to mirror your phone display to a tv? There is a video of this posted that looks like a cool feature.
It works great!! This was a "must have" feature for me. I noticed a slight screen flicker on my TV every once in a while but mirroring is a lot of fun. Other than that it is as seamless as Apple devices with an Apple TV (placed the shortcut in my Action Center).

itscramtastic

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
After installing the official 8.1 update to my 1520 I've noticed that when music is playing, and I get a text message, the phone mutes the music, but when I'm done with hearing the message the phone doesn't return back to normal volume... The only thing that fixes this is to unplug the headphones, plug them back in, and resume my music... This is for audio through the headphone jack only

I have that problem with Bluetooth, it may or may not resume the music playback after a text notification/read/respond. If I turn Bluetooth of and on it'll pick back up. Not so much fun while driving. This has been happening since Preview for Developers, possibly in WP 8 Black.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with the unlocked HK international variant on WP8 get the update yet?

I have this one.... HK version 1520.1 RM937 and no official update yet.

Now I'm trying to find the product code for one lumia 1520 UK (Country variant) that already have update available.
So I can download and do it manually on Nokia Care Suite.

Any one have the numbers????

partha_padhee

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a LG Smart LED TV with Miracast support. Project My Screen displays the TV Name and then when I choose it, it connects to my TV and streams the screen. It is a little slow in transitioning between screens but it is awesome. And since the TV is also of the same resolution, the content also looks awesome like photos or videos. And I can use the phone controls (obviously) for the said photos and videos. So until now, it has worked flawlessly.

Belushi Schweeft

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Hong Kong Lumia 1520, flashed to the GB rom on Friday (to replace the 8.1 Developer Version) and the Cyan update appeared in phone updates immediately on EE in the UK.

1) Touchscreen "swipe interpreted as a tap" bug - I have yet to notice it happen which is an enormous improvement for me.
2) Sunlight viewing not working, as was the case in the Developer Version - annoyance.
3) Less lag when coming out of an app to the Start Screen.
4) The phone still gets very hot when gaming and the battery life is clearly not what it was on stock 8.0.
5) The Settings screen is a mess! They could at least have organised it alphabetically!

The other pros outweight the few cons but I loved not having to necessarily charge my phone daily when I originally bought the phone. Don't know how I managed without the Action Centre, though.

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Im eagerly waiting for HK variant cyan, i would love to flash to UK variant but can't seem to figure it out. I have followed the links to XDA and downloaded all it tells me too, but NCS is requiring me to login before it will download any ROMs. Im sure im doing something wrong, are the XDA instructions correct because they are very long winded and not very user friendly, is it what everyone else has been following to flash there phone? Im sure there's an easier way but i cant get my brain in gear atm :-( Any easy to follow instructions would be VERY much appreciated :)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight116

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have found that certain apps are not loading after a restart. The more I restart the more apps don't load. At first it was Power Tiles, then ProGym, then Accuweather, then 8.1HD Tiles. The first restart worked to bring back Power Tiles, but ever since then, it and others just stop working.

The brightness setting updates are also not what I was expecting. Having control over the low, medium and high values is cool, but I want access to a slider without navigating through the settings.

Other than the new green theme, living images camera update, and the 5.1 audio for recording (which I haven't even investigated), I want to go back to the Developer Preview.

TheDarkKnight116

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled Power Tiles, Accuweather started loading again, and ProGym loaded after I removed the tile, restarted and then re-pinned. Hopefully these issues can be fixed with app updates.

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing an issue where a few apps, like CoPilot GPS are now cut off at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else see this?

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
For those flashing a ROM from another device variant, are you able to restore from a backup prior to flashing?

Sandeep Randhawa

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the update for my 1520(India) but i had to roll back to WP 8.0 but yeah it paid off. Really enjoying the update. As far as the heating issue goes my phone only heats up when playing a game with intensive graphics. Living images are great, hope they will make them work in the photo hub too. I really have to try out the surround sound in videos yet but i think it will be good too. And i really like the new Bright Green accent color, its great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon